photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

Thanksgiving Cheat Day Must-Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Thanksgiving is that beautiful day of the year when you don’t have to feel guilty about what you eat. Even if you’re on a diet, it’s an official cheat day. It’s the cheat day. And when we are blessed with such an amazing gift of being able to eat one thing after another (x30,) we have to make sure we do it right — because as soon as the clock strikes 12, it’s no longer acceptable. Here are the must haves for this years Thanksgiving cheat day.

Quick tip: Whenever you feel full, but there’s still so much you have to eat this is what you do: You hold your hands together and stretch them above your head. Then you stretch leaning to the left, and do a slow circular motion as you go to the left, and when you release. Your stomach should feel a little more spacious!

Okay, now to the must-haves.

1. Sweet-potatoes and Marshmallows

2. Cranberry Sauce

3. Candied Ham

4. Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie, pie, pie, pie!

5. Biscuits and Gravy

6. Stuffing

Anything, fatty, salty, cheesy, gooey, or warm and known as a comfort food, eat it, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Shayna DePersia is from New York City. She's an Integrated Marketing and Communications major at Ithaca College's Roy H. Park School of Communications. She'd love to have a job in the creative department of an advertising agency when she graduates in 2018. While that's how she'd want to start her career off, her dreams include a talk show, and more importantly, to one day have a foster home in NYC (and expand upstate.) While she's the Social Media Director for Her Campus Ithaca (HCIC,) she loves writing articles when she can the most! P.S. You can call her Shay
Hi! I'm the Campus Correspondent for Ithaca College's Her Campus chapter and a double major in English and Politics (International Studies). I'm an equestrian, a lover of music and dance, and an aspiring writer and avid reader. While my long term goal is to teach political theory at the college level, I am planning to enter the workforce for a few years hopefully continuing to read, write, and edit. Her Campus has been my home since my freshman year, and it brings me so much joy to continue to write and run our chapter in my last year at school.