Wellness

Surrounding Yourself With Positive Energy: Say No To The Overabundance of Negative Vibes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

We have all had bad moments in our lives, full of stress and negativity; at times, we just do not know what to do, or how to handle such situations. This is due to the overabundance of negative energy within our lives. It is so easy to focus on all the negativity, and become consumed by it, but that does not mean the negativity is eternal. Negativity, like all moments throughout life, is a temporary state in which we find ourselves in, and this can turn us into people who become unmotivated and uninterested in daily activities. The way to tackle these moments of negative energy is to counterattack them with moments of positive energy. 

It is so important to learn how to get out of a negative or bad situation that one is dealing with, and this  is not an easy task. It can take some time to be able to surround yourself with good and healthy, positive things, but it can be obtainable. Being in positive environments people, and pets, can put a spin on your negative mood. As you surround yourself with positive things, they can increase your likeliness to be motivated, and feel energetic. Try your best to shower yourself with positive energy, things that lift your spirits up and help you become better day by day. 

If you are around nature, take the time to take a breather and take a stroll around the  park, or sit on a bench and look at the clouds. These peaceful views will help you unwind and ease your mind of any negative vibes that you may be having. If you are at home, instead of being alone and letting negative thoughts enter your mind and take over your peace, invite some friends over and have some fun. It will be a good way to rid yourself of your negative mindset. Spend your time reading, it’ll be a great way to keep your mind occupied; or even better, form or join a book club. 

If you don’t like the way your surroundings are affecting you, switch things up. Go to a new place, meet new people, eat healthier food, redecorate parts of your household. Doing these things will fill your mind and emotions with positiveness. 

Hi! My name is Nacelyn and I'm majoring in political science. I joined the HC Inter SG chapter about two years ago and have since continued to develop my writing skills. My writing interests include politics and social issues, among other things. Besides writing, I currently serve as co-correspondent for the chapter.