This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

Personal space is a term we’ve been hearing about since the 1970’s. It displays certain invisible limits a person needs to have for them to be comfortable. When bringing the concept of purification in your personal space, we’re talking about removingtoxins from your surroundings;. this means getting rid of negativity. As we all should know, a clean and purified space reduces stress and raises your spirits; resulting in a high level of efficiency for life. It’s important to know that there are many details that help you not only maintain a purified space, but a unique and peaceful place created by yourself for yourself. This article will expose the perfect set for a balanced personal, physical, and mental space. 

​A way of purifying space is having indoor plants that improve your health and lifestyle. Having a plant not only improves your health because of the distinct culinary aspects they’re used for, but also just by being in your home. It is proved that they absorb chemicals like benzene and formaldehyde from the air, improving the quality of the oxyge in your home. Here’s a list of 6 indoor plants that can benefit your personal space.

Aloe Vera

It’s perfect for the skin, food and also for the air by absorbing airborne compounds.

English Ivy

Good for absorbing mold in the air, loves bright light and slightly dry soil.​

Snake Plant

One that converts oxygen from being CO2. They remove xylene, toluene and trichloroethylene.

Mass Cane

A low maintenance option, you can have a plant that looks nice and refreshes your home.

Gerbera

Most effective when removing benzene, helps with sleep apnea.

Peace Lily

Absorbs compounds in the air and breaks down carbon monoxide, formaldehyde and benzene.

Hopefully these six plants help purify not only your room and physical space, but your personal and mental space. It is essential for us to know how to control our environment. Details like plants, messages, and treats, are surprises that help us feel spiritually  comfortable. It is important to purify our personal space; this is why these plants are a great way to improve the wellness in our daily life.

Hi! My name is Nacelyn and I'm majoring in political science. I joined the HC Inter SG chapter about two years ago and have since continued to develop my writing skills. My writing interests include politics and social issues, among other things. Besides writing, I currently serve as co-correspondent for the chapter.