This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

When we go to college, we tend to have many struggles that can make our life harder. We’re always worried about exams, projects, presentations, etc, and these worries can affect us in a deep level;it can affect us on an emotional, psychological and physical way. A recent study by Stanford University, shows that more than 50% of students considered homework a primary source of stress, which means that it’s one of the major reasons as to why we feel bad and sometimes, without energy. This is mostly because we want to maintain good grades and we want to just survive in the semester; we can end up stressing more for the things that we have to do. The hours and effort that we put  into these projects can lead to us feeling overwhelmed.

The good news is that there is a simple way to maintain good grades and not worry so much; trying to do everything in advance. 

When we do everything in advance, we  have more time to do other stuff. We feel less pressured because we don’t have to worry about the deadline, as we already have everything in check. It helps to maintain a good view of what needs to be done during the week and it even improves the state of our mental health. It can give us more time for any editing that could be necessary and in the end, we have more time to get a better result.

In conclusion, when you can, do your homework early. Make a plan before you go to bed about what you’re going to do the next day and always be prepared beforehand. Use post-it notes or write on  the board what you have to do for each class. Do everything that is in your power so you can be on time and with this, you will have fewer problems with managing your time. Don’t leave for tomorrow what you can do today.

Hi! My name is Nacelyn and I'm majoring in political science. I joined the HC Inter SG chapter about two years ago and have since continued to develop my writing skills. My writing interests include politics and social issues, among other things. Besides writing, I currently serve as co-correspondent for the chapter.