This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

All of us who used to watch Disney Channel shows can agree that the quality of the shows has changed in the past years. Shows like That’s So Raven, Hannah Montana, Lizzie McGuire, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Even Stevens, etc., were great shows because besides entertaining us and making us laugh, at the end of each episode it had a lesson to teach us. In my opinion, the latest Disney Channel shows are a little more superficial than the old ones. The other day I was scrolling through Netflix, looking for a fun light series to watch, I found Girl Meets World. This is a spin-off show of Boy Meets World. I selected it, because I really like Boy Meets World. By the way, if you haven’t watched Boy Meets World, I really recommend it. It’s a great show to watch.

While watching Girl Meets World, I noticed that it was like the old Disney Channel shows in the way that it was entertaining and at the end of each episode it left me contemplating something about life. The episode that stuck with me the most was “Girl Meets the Secret of Life”. In that episode, Cory, the father and teacher of one of the protagonists, says There’s the secret of life. People change people. No matter what I teach you in here, learning from the people you care about is more important than the words on any page.

We sometimes do not notice that every single one of the people in our family did something that shaped us to the people we are today. Not only each member of our family, but the friends we choose to be around may determine how we act. Our likes and dislikes, lessons we learn, our way of thinking, among others are effects of the way that people around us change us.

Each person in our life has been there for a reason that helped shape us to the people we are today. Sometimes, the person that shaped us the most leaves and it hurts us, but maybe the reason behind them leaving was that they were done molding us. The ones that stay, may still be around us because they are not done impacting our lives. Not meeting a specific person in your life would change the person you are today. I encourage to think about the person in your life that has changed you to the person you are today.