This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

Do you ever feel so overwhelmed in a class because your brain is not processing what you should be learning? Do you walk out of class not remembering anything the teacher just said? Are you having trouble concentrating? Then the amount of sleep you’re getting could then be the reason why. The amount of sleep you get is affecting how much information your memory keeps. When your mind is too tired to focus, you will never be able to learn. 

So, here’s a list of things that could help you sleep better and make your learning experience better:

1. Try to wake up and go to sleep at the same time as many days as possible. This helps set your body’s internal clock and optimize the quality of your sleep.

2. Get a planner to stay organized. Yes, keeping your assignments and personal activities in a calendar can help you have more control over what free time you have. 

3. Go on walks, sweat those toxins out and relax your mind. This will help you sleep better. 

4. Do not sleep in on your days off, it will create jet-lag symptoms which will make you restless.

5. Don’t have any sweets before bed. This will give you energy instead of making you tired. Plus, sugar will give you nightmares.  

6. Search for your sleep time music on YouTube, make your room as dark as possible, get comfy and play that music.

7. You can put some lavender spray on your pillows. It’s great for relaxing.

8. Finally, stay hydrated and maintain a balanced diet. Give your body the nutrients and vitamins it needs to help you stay healthy and focused.

Sleep is important and sometimes a priority. Specially if you’re college student. This the most important time of your education and you need your brain concentration. 

Here’s to no more all nighters! 

Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥