This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

We, as students, don’t really know what the future holds for us after we graduate. Some people leave Puerto Rico; others stay. Some work on what they studied while others work on something completely different. The story of Grace Cruz gives us a glimpse of what our future could be and how different what we think or want can be. It was an honor to have interviewed such a happy and bright soul.

HC: What’s your full name?

GC: My full name is Grace Marie Cruz Ayala

HC: Where do you work?

GC: I work for the program Upward Bound at the Interamerican University in San Germán

HC: Where did you study in your college years?

GC: I studied here at the Interamerican University of San Germán

HC: What did you study?

GC: I studied a Bachelors in the Arts of Psychology

HC: What is the thing you enjoyed the most, while studying at the Interamerican University?

GC: The best thing about studying at the Interamerican University for me was the comfort of being close to my home and the part – time job I had. The Interamerican campus is comfortable itself, good parking, classrooms and the library.

HC: Can you share an experience or story that happened while you were studying?

GC: An experience that happened while I was a student (she laughs) when I fell in front of the library in my last semester at the university.

HC: If you didn’t studied psychology, what would you have studied and why?

GC: I would have become a History teacher. Where I work, I tutor for Spanish and History class and I love educating.

HC: How does it feel to work where you once studied?

GC: It feels like I am still studying. The comfort of not being lost, ever, because I know where everything is.

HC: If you could change anything at the Interamerican University to make it better, what would you change?

GC: Change something?… I would change the tedious process of enrollment at the University.

HC: Do you have any advice for students that are reading this?

GC: My advice would be to keep studying and to remember that studying here is like the slogan says “A University Paradise” I would love to study again, probably really soon (she shared)

Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥