This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

On Thursday, February 22 2018, the Art Department of The Inter American University of Puerto Rico, San German Campus held a wonderful artistic encounter. It was organized by Colectivo Estudiantil de Artistas Plásticos (CEAP) and their president, Eneich Rodríguez.

The event consisted of live painting artists, exhibitions, poetry and open-mic, including , the participation of different campus students’ organizations like: La Tuna, ADEM and Her Campus Inter SG.

The first performance was from La Tuna. La Tuna is a musical band that plays folkloric music from Spain and other places. When they played their music, you felt  you were in different places like Barcelona and Madrid’s streets; they can make you feel as you feel in the movies. It was amazing and deep and they could make you feel in peace, enjoying their good music. 

The second performance was poetry reading by Nashalí Niomi, from Her Campus. She was reciting one of the poems from her poetry book La Esencia de un Sentir, called “No soy santa, llámame Puta”. Nashalí also presented another poem called “Soy Vacía”. 

In third place,  two young ladies, Yahairis and Melanie, performed a song with the sound of ukulele. This piece was pretty and special. People really enjoyed it.

After this performance, a girl from the Art Department, Julianna Cartagena, played guitar and sang for the audience and everyone felt moved by their performance it.

Inside the Art Department building, several exhibitions were set up.  There were showing watercolors, drawings on wood, grabados and graphite drawings.

Giovanna Albino/ Paul Roman

Lynette Madera/ Lowensky Santiago ADEM

Also you could get a Henna Tattoo, buy key charms and accessories, and even Nachos.

Luzmari Perez

Nacho Sale

Genesis Irizarry

This activity was important for our campus because it highlights the talent of different young people and promotes the fraternization of the different student organizations. We hope that this type of activity can be held on a regular basis for all the students to enjoy, fraternize and grow. 

Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥
Just a ~quirky~ girl that loves literature, coffee, skincare, our planet, and doggies. You’ll probably read from me a lot of articles related to sex, periods, eco-friendly stuff, books, skincare, and a whole lot of other random stuff. Stick around and enjoy some cool words!