This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

Since Hurricane Maria, we have all had to go through the hardships that came with it. Most of us had no electricity, water, or internet access in our homes. We are all accustomed to these daily resources, so it can be very difficult to deal with the situation. The following is a list of suggestions that we have come up with to help you find yourself and de-stress.

1. Read a book.

When you read, you get captured into another world, which is the perfect escape from your daily life. Reading is a great way to relax yourself, and you don’t need electricity to do it. Also, if you’re an avid TV series watcher, books are a good alternative to them.

2. Adult coloring books.

Coloring books have been a good activity since childhood. Coloring makes you focus on a single thing and it helps you relax. It also develops skills like discipline and patience.

3. Get your workout on.

We all know that working out helps you de-stress, channel your energy, and burn off those extra snacks you’ve been eating lately. Don’t worry, we’ve all been doing that. You can take out your dog for a walk, go on a run, practice a sport, or even gather your neighbors and start a workout routine together.

4. Start a journal.

Having an outlet to express how you’re feeling and what you’re going through, especially in a situation like this one is significant. Journaling is an amazing option to vent and let everything out when you don’t have anyone to talk to since we don’t have internet access or phone service. Nonetheless, it’s a way to keep track of your life and how you’re feeling at the moment, which is always beneficial to self-growth. It’s nice to have a place to write without any judgment.

5. Meet up with friends.

Whenever we go through a hard time, whether it’s failing a test or going through a break up, our friends are always there to make us feel better. This situation is no exception. Meeting up with friends can help you distract from your reality and have a good time. You can laugh, play board games together, or just chat and catch up. It’s always a good idea to spend time with people you care for.

Just a ~quirky~ girl that loves literature, coffee, skincare, our planet, and doggies. You’ll probably read from me a lot of articles related to sex, periods, eco-friendly stuff, books, skincare, and a whole lot of other random stuff. Stick around and enjoy some cool words! 
Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥