jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Coming off the summer high is honestly the worst part of every year for me. Going back to school, watching the temperature drop and the sun going down early is never something I look forward to. To cheer myself (and hopefully you) up, I compiled a list of albums that are perfect for fall of 2019. 

1. Taylor Swift’s Lover

Lover came out on August 23rd, just in time for back to school season. This album has a lot of diversity in its sounds and tones, but ultimately tells the story of a girl who has been hurt. but is not madly in love with not only her “lover,” but also herself. Some of the upbeat, peppy songs are great for walking to class or singing in the car. On the flip side, Swift’s “Lover” has the perfect chill, eerie songs to compliment your Autumn. With numbers like “Lover” and “Cornelia Street” it is sure to get you into the fall mood. Overall, “Lover” is a must for this season. 

2. Lizzo’s “Cuz I Love You”

I don’t know about you, but back to school doesn’t scream happiness to me. Lizzo’s “Cuz I love you” was released in April of 2019, just in time for “Truth Hurts” to become a summer anthem. The rest of the album has really just started gaining traction after summer ended. “Good as Hell” has been my go to every morning as a good hype up. Lizzo has the perfect upbeat, hype up that every woman needs and deserves this fall. If you’re looking for a mood boost, shuffle “Cuz I Love You.” 

3. Post Malone’s “Hollywood’s Bleeding” 

Post Malone’s third album, “Hollywood’s Bleeding,” was released on September 6th, 2019. During fall, everyone is searching for warmth and Malone is known for his oddly comforting, arguably alluring voice. This album doesn’t disappoint and obviously is perfect for the cuffing season. With songs like “Die for me,” Malone is sure to make your heart melt this season. 

4. Mamma Mia’s Soundtrack

Hey, it is a classic. I always find myself throwing something that I know all the words to in every seasons playlist. For this season, Mamma Mia was really the upbeat type of feel good music that I needed. Anytime of year is the time for a good car ride singing at the top of your lungs with the gals. Mamma Mia is always a go-to for karaoke, throwbacks, and all around feel good music. Honestly, add it to every season’s playlist. 

5. Rex Orange County’s “Pony”

Although this album hasn’t been released yet, “Pony” has been all the rage in the Alternative scene. Rex Orange County’s last album was a huge hit and, if I’m not mistaken, this next one is bound for success. 

Picture 1 | Picture 2 | Picture 3

At the University of Illinois, I am privileged to be writing as a Blogger for Her Campus. Specifically about me, I am a dog lover, coffee drinker, and life enthusiast. Thank you for reading and if you want to see more of me- @xzoelewis will get you to me on all platforms.
The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.