Black Pantherjpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Black Pantherjpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
ScreenRant

Why Shuri from Black Panther is the Princess we all deserve

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

If you were one of the thousands of people who rushed to the theater to see Black Panther in the last week, then you know it was an absolute masterpiece. If you haven’t seen it yet, run don’t walk to see it as soon as possible. This movie was full of a killer cast, amazing costumes, a great plot, exciting action scenes, and a ton of badass characters, but I think we can all agree that there was one character who stole the show: Princess Shuri. Shuri was played by Letitia Wright, and was an absolute delight. She is the younger sister of King T’Challa, making her Princess of Wakanda, a fictional East African nation in Marvel comics. Shuri isn’t any ordinary princess though. Here are a few reasons why she is arguably one of the greatest princesses/role models every girl is lucky to have. 

First of all, she is hilarious. She is quick-witted and loves to joke and poke fun at her older brother shortly after he is crowned King. 

This leads to the next reason, Shuri and T’Challa have an amazingly close sibling bond. They work closely together in running their nation Wakanda, and constantly keep an eye out for one another. 

Shuri spends most of her time in her lab designing new weapons and armor for her brother and their soldiers. She creates new uses of technology and medicine that end up saving lives later on. WE LOVE WOMEN IN SCIENCE!!! 

She doesn’t hesitate to show off her inventions and help out in an epic techno car chase 

We had some serious girl power as Shuri and another character Nakia come to save the day in the final battle, Shuri sporting some more of inventions. 

Shuri, we love you and your knowledge, sense of humor, strength, and beauty. Wakanda Forever and Shuri Forever!!! 

picture 1 picture 2 picture 3 picture 4 picture 5 picture 6 

Media and Cinema Studies Major at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign 
The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.