Top 10 Disney Movies For A Girls Night In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

If you and your girlfriends are looking to have a fun night in and rewatch some of your old or new Disney favorites, here are a few suggestions to choose from! 

1. Moana 

It has been over a year since Moana has come out and I still cannot get enough. With a kickass female heroine, a killer cast, and an amazing soundtrack, it is definitely one of Disney’s best. Make sure to practice How Far I’ll Go when it comes on to sing later during a night out. 

2. Hercules 

Not only is Hercules a hilarious and fun movie, but talk about a killer soundtrack. You and your friends can belt out Go The Distance as loud as you can. Also, if you are feeling a little annoyed with the boys in your life, listen to Meg as she won’t say she’s in love. 

3. Tarzan 

Tarzan, one of the ultimate underrated Disney movies of all time, is the perfect movie to curl up with your besties and cry over. Forget about your worries as Phil Collins angelic voice lulls you into a world of Disney magic. 

4. The Incredibles 

I recently rewatched The Incredibles to get ready for the most anticipated sequel that I have been waiting for my entire childhood, The Incredibles II. I forgot how amazing this movie was, I was laughing the entire time, and I seriously forgot how badass Mrs. Incredible is. Everyone rewatch this gem before we get to watch our favorite family defeat the next bad guy this summer. 

5. Inside Out 

Inside Out is one of my all-time favorite Disney Pixar movies. Even though I grew up with the classics and this one came out much later in my life, it still hit home for me. If you are feeling sad or upset and need a good cry session with your best friends, this is the PERFECT movie to watch. Not to mention the cast is outstanding (thank you, Amy Poehler). 

6. Tangled 

Everyone knows Rapunzel is just the best, so definitely throw Tangled on the pile for a good rewatch. She teaches you to chase your dreams and of course, the importance of having a frying pan around to defend yourself. 

7. Coco

Pixar’s newest film, Coco, was nothing short of a major success. This heartwarming story will leave you feeling happy and wanting to call your grandma and tell her you love her. Whether it is a rewatch, or you haven’t seen it yet, Coco is the perfect movie for your perfect night in. 

8. Beauty and the Beast 

If you want to watch the original animated movie or the dazzling new live-action version, Beauty and the Beast never disappoints. 

9. Mulan 

If you and your friends want to see some serious girl power and need some inspiration, let our girl Mulan remind you that anything boys can do, girls can do better. 

10. Toy Story 2 

If you would like to start with the first Toy Story, that totally works too, I just personally think the second one is the best, because what is the gang without Jesse right? Any Toy Story will remind you just how important friendship is. 

If you want to have even more fun, have everyone fill out this impossible Disney/Pixar bracket and fight over who the true champion is. 

picture 1 picture 2 picture 3 picture 4 picture 5 picture 6 picture 7 picture 8 picture 9 picture 10 picture 11 header photo 

Media and Cinema Studies Major at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign 
The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.