This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Have you ever felt the urge to sing at the top of your lungs? Maybe because you were feeling angry, ecstatic, or even spontaneous? We all go through periods in our life where we experience one mood more often than others and finding the right song to blast can be difficult. If you enjoy throwback, catchy music, be sure to read below for song recommendations to fit different moods! 

1. “I’m Over It” Mood

When you’re really done with and over a tough situation, it’s time for Demi Levato. Open up your browser and start playing, “Really Don’t Care” by Demi. It’s an instant mood booster and will definitely lift your confidence! 

2. “I Love Someone” Mood

Some day you will wake up and realize how much you love someone; more specifically, this person could be a partner or best friend. If you want a song that reflects a non-materialistic love, play “If I Ain’t Got You” by Alicia Keys. 

3. “Why Did They Move on Without Me” Mood

Yes, you will most likely experience heartbreak at some point in your life. Especially in college, when you think your relationship will last through graduation, a break-up can be devastating. A worse feeling? When the person you love moves on, be sure to play “Jealous” by Labrinth. He will make you feel like you’re not the only one stuck in love.

4. “It’s Not Going to Work” Mood

As James Bay puts it, “Let It Go”. Unfortunately, not all relationships will end the way you planned. Moreover, you may find yourself in a vicious cycle of trying to end a forced, problematic relationship, and going back to someone because you don’t want to be without them. This song is very relatable for those who are in this situation!

5. “All About Self-Love” Mood

Whether you’re having a good day or bad day, self-love is important. You may need to remind yourself of this, and there is no better way than to jam out to a cheerful song. “Love Yourself” by Hailee Steinfeld is a wonderful hype song, along with reminding your capability of being independent!

6. “I’m So Happy” Mood

A song that has stuck with me throughout the years is “Classic” by MKTO. While the lyrics are not always relatable, it’s great to play this song when you want to feel good about yourself. One day, someone will want to treat you this way and since it’s catchy, you might as well sing to it! 

7. “Feeling Flirty” Mood

This mood will come and go, depending on your day; however, being flirtatious does not have to be taken seriously. A funny song that can get stuck in your head is “Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen, which will remind you to take risks every now and then!

Life is too short to listen to bad music, so hopefully you will find songs that fit your mood!

Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4

Yasmeen Najjar

Illinois '21

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." -Eleanor Roosevelt
The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.