This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

The tests we’ve been dreading all semester are finally here, and I know that we all agree that we NEED to start studying. Something I didn’t know until recently is how much where I study has an impact on how well I do. That’s why I curated this list of tried-and-true study spots on campus that I’m sure will lead you on the right path for finals. 

3RD FLOOR IN GRAINGER LIBRARY 

Grainger Library is an obvious choice, but it’s popular for a reason! I prefer the 3rd floor since it separates you from other people, is extremely quiet, and has huge, private desks for you to work on. The library is open 24 hours so you can depend on it whenever you need it! Not to mention that there’s Espresso Royale open late every night which sweetens the deal for any late-night study sessions. 

THE CIF

The CIF is another study hotspot on the list, but also another great option. The orange room in the CIF has a great view as well as a perfect ambiance for you to get on the grind. The tall windows in the CIF make it an especially nice study spot for the mornings. 

Illini Union’s Presidential Lounge

The Presidential Lounge in the Illini Union, in my opinion, is an underrated spot to study. The interior is decorated really well with paintings, and dimmer lighting and is pretty silent for the most part. There’s also a portion where the windows give a view out to the Quad. Overall, it’s a very aesthetically pleasing place to study and is still open pretty late, until 11:00 pm, in case you were looking to study at night. Not only this, but the Starbucks in the Courtyard Café is perfect for any need for a caffeine boost. 

Sidney Lu Mechanical Engineering Building

The Sidney Lu is a perfect study spot for studying with friends or alone. It’s quiet but also not too quiet, and the downstairs is really well-decorated. There’s a coffee shop in the building with options to sit at tables or booths and is the perfect spot to grab a coffee and finish some work with a study buddy. 

And those were my four favorite spots to study on campus. Now you’re all set to start studying for finals week. What are some of your favorite study spots at UIUC? 

Haley Kharvari

Illinois '27

Hi! My name is Haley Kharvari and I'm a freshman at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I'm majoring in economics and legal studies, on the pre-law track. My hometown is Schaumburg, Illinois, a Chicago suburb. In my free time love to rock climb, thrift, bake, and more!