This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Looking for new trends to rock this spring? I know that I’ve been fishing around in my closet for something new and exciting to wear now that the weather is getting nicer and I want to think of something other than the go-to florals to wear. I have noticed some super cute trends on social media that I thought I should share!

1. Colorful halter tops have made a huge comeback this season. They’re easy to rock with just about any bottom and are super lightweight and cute.
    No Sesso
  2. Wearing scarves as tops or in your hair is a two in one phenomenon. It’s so easy to thrift cute scarves and the wearing possibilities are endless. You can tie them it lots of different styles which can be found on Pinterest or Tik Tok!
    Woman with silk headscarf and sunglasses
    Photo by Donald Dondada Matsoga from Pexels
  3. I have seen a lot of longer shorts and I love the biker short vibe. Whether it’s denim or sweat shorts- the longer length gives a looks versatility and serves looks.
  4. Baby tees are a unique way to wear and promote whatever you would like- whether it be a band, TV show, brand, or anything else- on a cropped, fitted t-shirt. They can be colorful or simple.
  5. Milk maid dresses are super adorable and flattering dresses that can be made casual or dressed up. They usually have ruffles on the shoulders. Super comfy and stylish! 
    Girl in white puffy-sleeved dress
    Photo by Jasmin Chew from Unsplash
  6. Color blocking and patterns have become very popular as we are able to see more people in bright colors from a block away. Making a whole outfit flow through colors and patterns is a fun way to have your outfit contain more to look at and spark interest and individuality.   

Be confident in what you wear! No matter your body type or appearance- this spring is about being you! Express yourself and have fun with it, fashion is about risks and thinking outside of the box. This season make sure to stand out while being staying trendy and cute. :)

Hi, I'm Natalia! I am a sophomore at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I am passionate about social justice and social issues and aspire to change the world for the better :). I am an avid animal lover and plan on double majoring in Psychology and Gender & Women’s Studies along with a minor in Sociology. Stay beautiful, ladies!
The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.