Medicine cabinet packed full of skincare products
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

Essential Skincare Products To Keep Your Skin Hydrated This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

As the weather starts to get colder, I notice that every year my skin starts to suffer. Cold weather can be really tough on the skin, as the low humidity levels in the air draw all the moisture away from the skin. If you’re anything like me and your skin starts to crack the second the air turns cold and the leaves change color, consider splurging on these products to keep it hydrated this fall. 

Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask 

One of my new favorites, the Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask, can be used as a treatment mask or a daily moisturizer on days when you need some extra hydration. It doesn’t irritate sensitive skin or cause breakouts. Pro tip: Put this on before you do your makeup to create a radiant, smooth base that will prevent any cracks or flakiness in your makeup. I love to use this mask after a night out or after a week of stress at school to restore my skin. 

YTP Dream Overnight Mask 

If you want to wake up to a glowy and bright skin, this is the product for you. Once a week, I put this on at night to get deep moisture for my dry skin. This product is a fall essential, packed with vitamin C and hyaluronic acid that restore the skin’s surface. I like to use this mask as a recovery for my skin after exfoliating. It’s also a perfect mask to incorporate into your self-care routine on cozy, fall nights.

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops

This is my favorite product year-round, but especially when my skin is feeling dull and dry. It smells so good but doesn’t cause any irritation to sensitive skin. This serum reduces the look of hyperpigmentation and leaves a healthy-looking glow. You can also use it as a highlighter over your makeup to make your skin look bouncy and radiant. I personally struggle with makeup in the fall and winter as my skin tends to get flakey with heavy makeup on, so this product is essential for my makeup routine to serve as a light and dewy base.

CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 30

It’s important to remember to keep applying sunscreen daily, even though the temperatures start getting cooler. The winter sun can still cause the same damage as the sun in the summer, so this sunscreen is essential for me. The CeraVe sunscreen has 3 essential ceramides, niacinamide and hyaluronic acid that add a glow and provide supple hydration. If you use certain skincare products such as retinol, vitamin C or any prescription creams, it’s essential to wear sunscreen daily to protect your skin as these products can leave your skin more vulnerable to the sun.

Jane Rogers

Illinois '24

I'm a junior at the University of Illinois pursuing a degree in journalism with minors in business and public relations.