Seven Unique Date Spots in Champaign-Urbana

Sick of going to the same few restaurants and spots around campus for date night with your significant other? Here's a few date ideas that will take your game to the next level. 

Beyonce  Clapping

1. Curtis Apple Orchard

A nice romantic day picking apples and enjoying delicious apple cider donuts with your sweetie- who could say no? Plus, for a fun date later on, you can bake the apples you pick into a pie.

Apple Picking

2. Crystal Lake Park

For an extra romantic night date, take your loved one out for a picnic, paddleboating, or stargazing at Crystal Lake!

Picnic Donuts

3. Pottery Place

Create your own Valentine's gifts for each other at the Pottery Place in Champaign! They offer customizable items to fit just about any budget and even offer group rates for a Galentine's party.

Alcohol Drinking Hands Party

4. Ice Skating

The on-campus ice rink offers discounted student rates. Admission is free and skate rentals are only $2 making it the perfect budget date! girl taking picture of a couple ice skating

5. Comedy Shows

If you love shows but want to try something different from the AMC or Netflix and chill, C-U has a strong comedy scene! Soma has a weekly show on Saturday nights and Clark Bar has open mic nights on Wednesday and Thursday nights.

Friends Laughing B&W

6. Attend A Music Recital

The music department hosts regular free recitals throughout the school year- the full calendar can be found here.

No Music No Life Neon Sign

7. Escape Rooms

Chambana is home to multiple escape rooms including Time and Space, Brainstorm Escapes and Lab Escapes. There's nothing that brings a couple together like a fun teamwork-based activity!

Happy Valentine's Day crossword puzzle