Pilates With PINK Brings Collegiettes Fitness And Fun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Nothing brings collegiettes together like group exercise and giveaways.

On Wednesday night, dozens of students gathered in the basement of the YMCA on Wright Street in Champaign for Pilates with PINK, a fitness event that celebrated the brand’s new activewear line.

The Victoria’s Secret campus representatives decorated the space from top to bottom in pink streamers and heart-shaped balloons. As the hoards of girls followed the pink polka-dotted arrows down to the basement, they were greeted at the door with cupcakes, coupons and other goodies including pink markers and pens.

Girls were then offered raffle tickets which they could use to try and win a variety of activewear attire, gym bags and water bottles.

After almost a half hour of socializing and viewing all of the different giveaways, the girls began to set up yoga mats and towels as they began the pilates event. The instructors, all women with backgrounds in personal training, lead the girls in a variety of stretches and exercises that focused on the lower body and abdominal core.

The event was a huge success; the room hardly provided enough space for all of the event goers to perform the instructed exercises.

Following the workout, the prizes were raffled off, resulting in dozens of winners of new PINK merchandise. To find out more about VS Pink at U of I, visit their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/IllinoisPINK/

Editor in Chief of Her Campus Illinois Chapter