jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

New Fall Menu Items You Need to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Fall is upon us: the leaves are falling, the air is crisp, the Halloween decorations are up, and the menu is changing. Many restaurants right here in the Champaign-Urbana area are adding fall-themed options to their menus. Some are chain restaurants that change up their menus seasonally and some are restaurants unique to Champaign. Here are some of the best fall menu items at five local restaurants.

1. Panera

Recently, I tried the Vegetarian Autumn Squash Soup, which is only available during the short fall season. It is creamy and a great fall comfort food on a chilly day.  The nearest Panera on campus is located at 616 E Green Street.

2. Starbucks

For fall, both the Pumpkin Spice Latte (obviously) and the Salted Caramel Mocha, which you can get as either a hot drink or as a Frappuccino (blended cold drink), have been added to the menu once again. As for food options, Starbucks has added an Apple Cider Doughnut, a classic fall staple dessert. There are several locations on campus, including at the Illini Union Bookstore, the Student Union and at 503 E Green Street.

3. Noodles and Company

Why not stay healthy this fall? Noodles & Co has added a healthy and delicious option to their menu: zoodles (zucchini noodles). Zoodles options include spicy peanut saute, truffle mac & cheese, and romesco sauce. If you aren’t satisfied with any these options, you can request zoodles as a sub to any of the traditional noodle dishes on the menu. The Noodles & Co on campus is located at 528 E Green Street.

4.) Cracked: the Egg Came First

A restaurant unique to the UIUC campus, Cracked offers traditional breakfast options, but their sweet potato tots are perfect to eat this fall. This delicious side can be served either salted or with cinnamon maple sugar. They are the perfect sweet and salty treat for the fall season. This joint is open until 3 a.m. Monday through Saturday at 619 E Green Street, making this a perfect late-night snack option!

5.) Black Dog Smoke & Ale House

The Black Dog Cornbread is a classic fall dish that tastes homemade from this authentic barbeque restaurant. Black Dog is even offering full turkeys priced at $75 for those not going far for Thanksgiving! Black Dog now has two locations: one in Champaign (320 N Chestnut Street) and one in Urbana (201 N Broadway Avenue).

Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4 | Photo 5

The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.