This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Are you a big snacker who must have something to munch on while studying? You’re not alone. Eating something while doing school work helps me retain information and think for longer periods of time. Here are some nutritional snacks that can help you to stay focused while studying for finals:

Nuts

Nuts are super filling and full of protein and healthy fats: the best brainfood when you’re studying! You can choose from almonds, pistachios, pecans, peanuts, etc, and whether you like them roasted, salted or with other seasonings, anyone can find the perfect type of nut for them.

Nuts
Christin Urso / Spoon

Apples & Peanut Butter 

This iconic combo never disappoints. Not only is it tasty, but it will also give you the motivation to complete any task at hand.

Apples Pb
Hunter Honeg / Spoon

Veggies & Ranch Dressing/Hummus

This energizing snack has the right amount of carbs that’ll keep you going and make you feel alert. You can also opt for a low fat ranch dressing or hummus for a healthier version too!

Popcorn

Popcorn is not only the best thing to eat during a movie, but it is also the perfect crunchy snack to eat in between study breaks. 

Popcorn Popped
Kirby Barth / Spoon

Fruit Bowls or Smoothie Bowls

Combine your favorite fruits into a bowl or blend them together to make a smoothie bowl with granola, peanut butter, cocoa nibs or whatever toppings you’d like! Fruits, especially berries, have tons of antioxidants that’ll make you feel great and have tons of energy.

Hawaii Acai Bowl Smoothie Food Yummy Fruit Colorful
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus

Your study habits will definitely improve by adding healthy treats to your study routine. Especially now since we’re stuck at home with distrations and limited study locations, it can be really hard to concentrate on school. Make sure to keep up good health and stay safe while studying!

Hi, I'm Natalia! I am a sophomore at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I am passionate about social justice and social issues and aspire to change the world for the better :). I am an avid animal lover and plan on double majoring in Psychology and Gender & Women’s Studies along with a minor in Sociology. Stay beautiful, ladies!