This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Fall is the perfect time of the year to experiment with different trends and looks that epitomize a fresh start. It seems almost difficult for someone to dislike the season. From pumpkin spice lattes and the perfect riding boots, to dark lips and the flawless fall scent, there is little room to go wrong. I have created a fall lust list that contains products that are on my list and offer the perfect and refreshing fall beauty look!

The Berry Lip  

If you are looking for a way to make a statement this season, adding a dark, cranberry lip is the perfect addition to any look. There is a lot of space for flexibility in this as well. If you are going for an especially dramatic look, try a darker purple hue, such as Deborah Lippman’s “Bite Me” or MAC’s “Rebel.” A lip color is the way to pull your whole look together for the fall season. Often times, people get scared when it comes to working a dark lip; however, it’s all about finding your right hue, keeping the rest of your makeup simple and having the confidence to give it a try!

The perfect fall dark nail

After a summer of neon and pastel nails, who doesn’t love a sophisticated, dark fall nail? I know that this is something I look forward to every time the season rolls around. Dark burgundies, purples and greens have been especially hot this season. This is a very classic look that epitomizes the fall and winter seasons. If you are looking to add a little bit of sparkle, try adding some glittery gold to the tips of your nails.  Some of my personal favorite dark polishes include Essie’s “Devil’s Advocate,” “Skirting the Issue” and “Bobbing for Baubles” and OPI’s “Russian Navy” (as pictured above.)

Blush

Blush is a great way to bring together any type of fall look that you are working to achieve. Warm corals are especially perfect. Some of my favorites include Benefit’s “Coralista” and MAC’s “Gleeful” (pictured below.) They both offer the perfect warm look to the face.

Perfect fall scent

Another one of my favorite parts about the arrival of fall is the warm scents that come with it.  Every time September rolls around, I find myself wandering through Bath & Body Works smelling everything in sight. But when it comes to an everyday scent, it is important to find something both classic and still warm. One of my favorites for this time of year is Burberry Brit. Burberry Brit encompasses scents of mahogany, vanilla, amber and almond. One spritz of this and you are ready to take the crisp fall day!