This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

With the leaves changing and weather cooling down, it is finally beginning to feel like fall here on campus. The fall season brings new coffee shop drinks, along with fashion favorites. Below is a compiled list of all things a basic girl needs to make this fall the best one yet.

But first…coffee

Now trust me, I love a PSL as much as the next girl, but sometimes you have to switch up that Starbucks order. A classic favorite of mine is the Cinnamon Dolce Latte. This latte, served warm or iced, cures your cinnamon fix and tastes like fall in a cup. If coffee isn’t your thing, a Chai Tea Latte is another classic spiced drink. It tastes great, plus Chai Tea contains enough caffeine to help you make it through your 8am class.

These boots were made for walking

Now that you have your caffeine fix, it is time to find the best fall boots! Two great brands to check out are Hunter and Steve Madden. Hunter boots are ideal for those rainy fall days and come in a variety of colors; there is a pair for everyone. Wearing them with thick, fuzzy socks is the perfect look on those cold morning walks to class. Steve Madden, on the other hand, is the one stop shop for any trendy boots you are seeing on your Instagram feed. Their prices are reasonable, and they make quality shoes that all your friends will be jealous of.

Sweaters on sweaters on sweaters

Most importantly, what is fall without comfy sweaters? My top two places to buy sweaters are Nordstrom Rack and Lulus.com. Both options offer affordable sweaters that not only look cute but also are high in quality. These stores are a go-to for any college girl trying to look banging on a budget. 

Lumberjack loving

Nothing says fall quite like a warm, thick flannel. My biggest tip when it comes to shopping for flannels is to check out your local thrift store. Thrift stores always have cheap flannels that are perfect for that oversized look. Although if you would rather buy something new, American Eagle Outfitters always has soft flannels in a ton of bright and seasonal shades.

Photo Credit – Author

The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.