This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Fall is right around the corner as the sizzling heat turns into a calming ~maple~ breeze. It’s time to turn off the air conditioning, grab those cozy sweatshirts, and fill the air with apple cinnamon candle delights. Keep reading to gather some tips on how you can create your own autumn-rich oasis right in your own room! 

1. Door Decor

Spice up your door with colorful leaves, scary ghouls, or even a white board to leave a fun, autumn quote! The cozy, fall vibes can begin right at your threshold. 

2. Mason Jars

Get yourself a couple mason jars to create some DIY fall masterpieces! Fill them with leaves, flowers, fairy lights, whatever you may wish! You can even paint them orange and create little jack-o-lanterns for a spooky twist. 

3. Pumpkins

These are a no brainer! Run to your nearest grocery store and buy some mini pumpkins or gourds. If you don’t want to worry about them rotting, you can pick up some plastic ones for cheap at any department store like HomeGoods, Target, or TJ Maxx. Get creative! 

4. Fairy Lights

Fairy lights can be hung up all year round, but these make a great addition to any cozy, fall room. Hang them up wherever you can, light some candles, and cozy up in bed to watch some Halloween classics. 

5. Candles

As I mentioned previously, candles are a must-have for any autumn-themed room. There are many fun fall scents that you can find at your local department store. Apple Cinnamon to Pumpkin Honeycomb, you name it.

6. Phone Background

Your fall vibes don’t just have to remain in your room! Take them with you. Change your phone background to a picture that captures your cozy autumn mood. Here is one you can use.

7. Paint a Canvas

Peruse Pinterest to find some cute ideas to paint onto a canvas. This would be perfect for a girl’s night in! Get decorating ladies.

| Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4 | Photo 5 | Photo 6 | Photo 7 

Micayla Shevlin

Illinois '21

Micayla is a junior at the University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign. She is currently an Advertising major and has loved writing short stories and poetry ever since she was little.
The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.