This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

6 Holiday Activities in Chicago Right Now:

1. New Year’s Eve Pizza Party

Located at Homeslice Wheel House at 938 West Webster Avenue in Chicago. From 9-12 PM on New Year’s Eve there are unlimited pizza and drink packages available at one of Lincoln Park’s best pizza joints, Homeslice. Homeslice is currently decked out with Christmas lights and decorations. They have a spacious indoor area with wooden booths, perfect for larger parties. Why not celebrate New Year’s Eve with unlimited Chicago pizza? Buy tickets here!

2. Frosty’s Christmas Bar

Frosty’s is a Christmas-themed pop-up bar located at 809 West Evergreen Avenue in Chicago. From now until January 5th they are open every day from 4 PM to 1 AM on weekdays and on Saturdays from 2 PM to 3 AM. There are four bars and three levels that are all Christmas themed. There is even an Ultimate Christmas BYOB Trolley Ride. Guests are encouraged to wear Christmas-themed apparel such as ugly Christmas sweaters. Frosty’s also recommends guests purchase tickets and group packages online to avoid lines and secure a spot. This bar won’t be around for long, so if you are 21 or over you can buy tickets and packages here before it’s gone!

3. The Nutcracker at the Joffrey Ballet

The Nutcracker is a classic ballet showcasing a holiday-themed story. I have been going to see this performance with my mom since I was seven and it never gets old. Whether you are seeing the Nutcracker for the first time or the eleventh time, it is worth keeping up a tradition or starting a new one. The show is only playing at the Joffrey Ballet until December 30th. This year, you can even attend a Nutcracker Afternoon Tea the day of your performance at Chicago’s JW Marriott. To book an afternoon tea, contact the JW Marriott Sales Department at 312.660.8200 and reference Nutcracker Teas. Tickets for the show can be purchased here

4.) Winterland at Gallagher Way

In Chicago’s Lake View neighborhood across from Wrigley Field, an outdoor ice skating rink and winter wonderland has opened up running through January 27. There is also wreath decorating, hot chocolate, holiday movie showings, and more. The movie showings and details on their daily events are announced on their Instagram page @gallagherwaychi. Winterland has free admission for anyone under 12 years old, so bring your younger family members if you go! Bad at skating? No worries – you can learn skating moves from Figure Skate Chicago’s youth performances every Wednesday from 6:00-6:15 PM through December 19.

5.) Zoo Lights

Zoo Lights has been a holiday tradition at Lincoln Park Zoo for the past 24 years. This year it runs through January 6th. The lights are on display from 4 p.m to 9 p.m every day and are composed of 2.5 million lights! This is a perfect family activity or a great idea for a festive and free date night.

6.) Christkindlmarket

This charming outdoor market was inspired by the Christkindlesmarkt in Germany. Now, it has become Chicago’s largest open-air Christmas festival. Christkindlmarket brings a cherished German and European tradition to Chicago for the holiday season. It is an outdoor Christmas-themed market running through December 24th. The market is open daily from 11 AM to 8 PM at the Daley Plaza on 50 West Washington Street in Chicago.

Photo 1 Photo 2 Photo 3 | Photo 4 | Photo 5 | Photo 6

The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.
Gloriann Lance

Illinois '19

Hi! My name is Gloriann Lance and I am a senior at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I am one of the two Campus Correspondents for the 2018-2019 school year and I have been on Her Campus for 3 years.