Style

5 Winter Trends to Incorporate in Your Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

As the weather becomes dull and gray, it can become easy for your closet to start looking the same way. Spice up your winter wardrobe with these 5 fashion trends taken straight from the runway. 

1. Statement Jacket 

This season, outerwear is all about being bold. Keep warm and stylish with a statement jacket such this houndstooth print (another huge trend this winter!) jacket from Princess Polly. This piece can be dressed up or down and will add a sophisticated vibe to any look.

2. Leather Everything 

Like it or not, leather is here to stay and this season, the runway was filled with head-to-toe leather looks. If you’re not ready to commit to this, try adding a skirt such as this one from Urban Outfitters. Try pairing with a cropped sweater, tights and booties. It’s an easy way to incorporate a trendy look to your closet. 

3. Neon Colors 

Add some colors to your winter wardrobe with this season’s hottest trend: neon colors. Add a pop of color to any outfit with a bright pair of earrings, shoes or purse, such as this one from Nasty Gal. This electric yellow color is sure to brighten up any winter day. 

4. Sheer Shirts 

Take a risk this season by incorporating the sheer-trend in your closet. This see-through blazer from Princess Polly is sure to turn heads. Throw it over a dress and heels for a one-of-a-kind look. 

5. Snakeskin Print 

Last, but not least, the trend we all know and love is here to stay. Snakeskin print can be incorporated into any aspect of your outfit easily and adds a trendy look to any outfit. Try these pants from Urban Outfitters. Pair them with a body suit and booties and you’re good to go. 

Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4 | Photo 5 

The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.