This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

As we settle into the dreaded winter months, it can be easy to slip into the same, dreary makeup routine. However, this year, spice up your look with these five winter beauty trends straight from the runway. 

1. No-Makeup Makeup

The barely-there makeup look is easy, quick and brings out your natural beauty. All you need is concealer, chapstick, and a little mascara. With this look, it’s important that you maintain your skincare routine so you can skip the foundation and other heavy makeup that can irritate your skin further. 

2. Blush 

One of the hottest makeup trends this season is blush. A hint of rosey blush applied on the apples of the cheek naturally enhances your youthfullness. Pro tip: apply a hint of blush to the tip of your nose for a sun-kissed effect. 

3. Monochrome Looks 

Elevate your look by matching your eyeshadow to your lip color. Although it may seem bold, this look is incredibly trendy and fashionable. If you want to stand out, try a bright color such as a pink on the eyes and lips. 

4. Dewy Makeup 

The dewy look is here to stay. Get the look by ensuring your skin is plenty moisterized, and use a glowy highlighter across the cheekbones, brow bones, and cupids bow. 

5. Colorful Mascara 

Ditch your classic black mascara and opt for a bright, playful color this season. A colorful mascara is easy to apply and adds a pop of color to any look.

Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4 | Photo 5 

The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.