timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 5 Ways to Survive Finals This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

With finals just around the corner, stress levels are bound to increase. Check out these 5 ways to keep those stress levels down and actually enjoy the last couple weeks of school! 

1. Get outside

Although the weather in Champaign can sometimes be unpredictable, at this time of year it usually is nicer out. Even if you are spending all day in the library inside, give yourself even a 30 minute break and get outside! It is important to get a breath of fresh air to clear your mind before sticking your head back in to your books! If you really can’t give yourself that break, bring your books outside for a little bit!

2. Therapy Dogs

The saying goes, “A dog is a mans best friend,” can go a long way. There is no better feeling than cuddling or even just petting a dog. The perfect way to de-stress from a long day of studying is stepping out on the quad when there are therapy dogs out and petting them for a little bit! 

3. Get Ice Cream with Friends

Your friends all know what you’re going through during finals. Everyone is stressed beyond control. It’s important to give yourselves a break and have a laugh…and some yummy ice cream. 

4. Go to the gym

Even though getting yourself to the gym may be difficult, it is a great way to blow off some steam during a stressful time. Your textbooks can take an hour break while you go to the gym and give your body an outlet. Not to mention, sitting in a chair all day isn’t great for you either! 

5. Study with Friends

If you are buried in your computer and textbooks all day, it may start to feel a little bit lonely. Going to the library with friends can make studying a little bit more interesting and fun…just have to make sure you aren’t distracting each other too much!

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5 

The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.