5 Dinner Dates and Songs for Valentine’s Day in Champaign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Stuck in Champaign for Valentine’s Day and looking for dinner plans? Look no further! As someone from a big city who feels like there is nothing to do in Champaign during the pandemic, here are some great eats paired with a cute love song to listen to for a Valentine’s date. Some restaurants offer indoor dining at 25% capacity but there’s always the take out or delivery option if they do not! Here are some fun options for celebrating Valentine’s Day in Champaign this year.

Photo by freestocks from Unsplash

1. Outdoor seating at Kofusion!

Located in Downtown Champaign, this fun and affordable Asian cuisine restaurant offers outdoor seating in a bubble so that you’re kept nice and toasty. Listen to “Silly Love Songs” by Paul McCartney or the Glee Cast (my personal favorite version:)) while eating some sushi.

2. Another sushi place because let’s be real, nothing shows romance like getting sushi.

Sakanaya is one of the tastiest sushi spots on campus. Another great sushi spot is Miga, which has relocated to campus due to COVID-19. They might not have their full menu yet, so this would definitely be something to check out once COVID-19 is better. A song to listen to with some takeout sushi to get you in the lovey-dovey mood is “Loving is Easy” by Rex Orange County. 

Pink neon love sign
Photo by Shaira Dela Peña from Unsplash

3. Kohinoor for the best Indian food.

The rich flavors will make your taste buds dance! I’ve ordered delivery many times from them and let’s just say you definitely will have leftovers, which I love. A song to listen to while enjoying this meal would be “If I Ain’t Got You” by Alicia Keys. 

4. Meetfresh!

Looking for desserts? Meetfresh is a good option for traditional Asian desserts. So many great options available from drinks to shaved ice to soups to jellies. Pair this to the jam “My Life Would Suck Without You” by Kelly Clarkson to get in the cuddle mood. 

Shridhar Gupta / Unsplash

5. Baxter’s Grill

Baxter’s Grill has an extensive menu that would appeal to anyone. Dine-in options are available. “Rather Be” by Clean Bandit would pair perfectly for a cute night out with your boo (or your bestie!). 

Hi, I'm Natalia! I am a sophomore at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I am passionate about social justice and social issues and aspire to change the world for the better :). I am an avid animal lover and plan on double majoring in Psychology and Gender & Women’s Studies along with a minor in Sociology. Stay beautiful, ladies!
The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.