Style > Beauty

5 Affordable Products to Add to Your Skin Care Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Your skin is a beautiful canvas, changing from season to season, the glow it gives after a good facial, and the occasional pimples that pop up and we all dread. Maintaining your skin isn’t easy and everyone has a different texture when it comes to their skin.

Having a set morning and night skin routine with products that cater to your specifics are super important. Here are 5 products that are helpful during a skin care routine that will leave your skin feeling smooth, hydrated, fresh, and loved.

1. Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner ($14) – The Body Shop

This toner is perfect for combination skin types. It helps control oil, especially T-zones, and helps prevent and treat acne. Tea tree is commonly known to be a great solution for people with acne prone skin.

Tip: Use a cotton pad, put a little on it, and slightly wipe face and pat onto areas where needed most.

2. Purifying Mask Stick ($8) – Sephora

Sephora’s purifying mask stick is one of my favorites! It is easy to apply and leaves my skin feeling smooth. This mask doesn’t burn your skin while using, leaves skin with a little glow, and doesn’t leave skin dried out or red.

3. Conditioning Lip Serum ($3) – Blistex

After an intensive skin care night, lips can tend to get a little dry from all the products being used on your face. This conditioning lip serum by Blistex does wonders for lips. Only a little is needed all over your lips, like a lip mask, and immediately keeps lips hydrated and super soft.

Tip: Apply this in the morning and night to have hydrated lips every day.

4. Pep-Start Exfoliating Cleanser ($20) – Clinique

Clinique’s pep-start cleanser is amazing for women with acne prone, combination skin. Exfoliators can be scary since it strips the natural oils from your face and can leave your skin feeling dry, but this cleanser does an amazing job. The cleanser is very gentle, leaves your face feeling smooth, and helps acne bumps that are about to come out, go away faster.

Tip: Only apply a small dime size amount.

5. Acne Clearing Pads ($30) – First Aid Beauty

First Aid Beauty’s acne clearing pads with white clay are perfect for people with acne prone skin! The pads carry a lot of product, it is simple to use, and won’t leave your skin dry. These pads aren’t meant to be used every day, but are great on days you need them the most!

Tip: Before use, cut all the pads in half. The pads are super moist so half of one is enough for the whole face. When some parts of your skin need a little more, squeeze the pad onto the skin to release more product onto the pimple.

Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4 | Photo 5

Grace Lenthang

Illinois '20

Communications student at The University of Illinois. Event Coordinator for Her Campus Illinois. Food lover, iced coffee addict, fashionista ??‍♀️
The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.