This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Nowadays when scrolling through your Instagram feed, you can see it flooded with posts from influencers. Influencers are all the rage right now, pioneering the new wave of marketing in this 21st Century digital age. I, for one, really like to consume content from influencers because they feel more like “real” people than celebrities. They share outfits, workouts, products and lifestyle tips that I can actually benefit from. In this article, I’m going to share three of my favorite influencers to follow and if you’re looking for ways to spice up your feed with more inspo, keep on reading!

1. Indy Severe (@indyblue_ on Instagram)

Indy Severe (better known as Indy Blue to her followers) has amassed a huge following since 2016 when one of her travel videos went viral on Twitter. Ever since then, Indy has preached to her followers the mantra of “creating the life you want for yourself” and has even started a successful clothing brand called “Lonely Ghost” that has the tagline of “I Love You Say It Back.” I’ve followed Indy since that viral video in 2016 and I love her content because it’s raw and real. Indy proves to her followers that she’s just like any other ordinary girl, but with extraordinary dreams, and she won’t stop for anything until she makes them come true. She’s also recently a new mom to an adorable baby boy and shows her followers how you can still lead the life of a carefree boss woman even while caring for a child and having real responsibilities. If you’re looking for unfiltered content to inspire you and make you smile, check out Indy’s Instagram!

woman sitting on wooden dock
Photo by Darren Lawrence from Pexels

2. Matilda Djerf (@matildadjerf on Instagram)

Matilda Djerf is an influencer that I found over quarantine and whose content I instantly fell in love with. She’s one of the girls who, if you’re like me and spend a majority of your time scrolling through Pinterest, you’ll see pop up on there quite often. Matilda is from Sweden and her content is primarily focused on daily style and home decor. Her outfits are simple, yet chic and elegant, and the way her content is captured makes it look as though she just snapped the pic on her way out the door or while casually strolling down the street. Her whole feed oozes effortless beauty. Matilda also has a clothing line of her own called “Djerf Avenue” (@djerfavenue on Instagram) and her pieces are inspired by her own personal style. Make sure to go check her out for daily style inspo! 

Greenhouse 2
Breanna Coon / Her Campus

3. Kristen Ritchie (@highendhippie on Instagram)

Kristen Richie is one of the coolest girls I follow on Instagram. She posts style, beauty and home decor content but also focuses on sustainability and simple ways you can live a cleaner and greener lifestyle. Her feed radiates all the “chill girl” vibes to me and just like her username states, she really is what I would call a “high end hippie.” She even has her own vintage shop (@highendhippie.vintage on Instagram) where she compiles old clothes and furniture to be resold. If you’re looking for ways to become more sustainable in your own life or just want to follow a really dope girl on Instagram for daily inspo, make sure to check out Kristen!

sustainable clothing rack
Photo by Charles Etoroma from Unsplash

Hi! My name is Isabella Sohn and I am a Junior at UIUC studying communications with a minor in leadership.
The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.