Your Guide to the Best Brunch Spots in Blo/No

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

The Lalaholding A Bloody Mary
Her Campus Media

If you’re anything like me, the only thing more exciting than a Saturday night out is getting to replenish your body with a fabulous Sunday brunch. Here are some of Blo/No’s best brunch spots.

Fort Jesse Café

The perfect café for college students; inexpensive and the perfect aesthetic for your Instagram feed! Located off of Fort Jesse street in Normal, Fort Jesse Café is the perfect place to roll out of bed and call your girlfriends for some delicious southern comfort food. Our personal favorite? The Fort Buster: one jumbo buttermilk biscuit stacked with hash browns, black pepper sausage gravy, two sausage patties, two eggs, chipotle hot sauce & green onions. Weekend hours: 7 a.m – 2 p.m. ($)

Medici

If you’re looking to start your Sunday off in fashion, head to Medici in Uptown Normal. Only a short and easy walk from campus, Medici caters to any kind of mid-day craving (sweet or salty). Not to mention, their Sunday brunch Bloody Mary bar is the perfect complement to a day spent shopping around Uptown with your girlfriends. Weekend hours: Saturdays – 11 a.m. to 11p.m. Sunday – 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. ($$)

Garden of Paradise

Garden of Paradise is the ideal venue if you’re feeling a little homesick. The sky-high energy and friendly staff will brighten your mood about the new week. Crepes, omelets, and hot cakes galore, I promise you cannot go wrong with any meal choice here. Their eclectic menu is great for all your friends vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free. My personal favorite? The Gypsy Skillet: hash browns, grilled diced ham, mushrooms, onions, and green peppers. Weekend hours: Saturday – 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday – 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. ($)

Destihl 

Did someone say Mimosas? Yup, that’s right. Destihl is your go-to for an Instagramable Sunday morning with the girls. Their floor-to-ceiling windows and chic atmosphere is perfect for for sipping mimosas and relaxing with your girlfriends. My personal favorite? The Sweet and Savory breakfast Pizza: vanilla-cinnamon custard, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, Italian cheeses, crispy-shredded potatoes, drizzled with maple syrup. Pair It with mimosas (of course!). Weekend Hours: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ($$)

Coffee House

This is your ideal place for a lazy Sunday in comfy clothes, sipping some coffee, catching up on some homework! Coffee House’s menu is 100% vegetarian and 101% delicious. My personal favorite? The Coffee House Hash (Potatoes sautéed with artichokes, zucchini, yellow squash, green pepper, onions, tomato, carrots and black olives.) Weekend hours: Saturday – 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday – 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ($)

Mia Riddell

Illinois State '20

Mia Riddell is an aspiring magazine journalist at Illinois State University who is passionate about capturing details of people's lives with captivating writing and storytelling. She is currently the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus ISU. Her interests include reading romance novels, listening to Harry Styles, writing anything and everything, volunteering whenever she can, and spending time with friends and family. Follow along Mia’s college journey and stay tuned for more articles!
Contributor account for Illinois State