The Ultimate Spring Break Essentials Guide

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Ahhh, spring break. The time of year when you can put your homework assignments on snooze and spend your days basking in the sun and enjoying time with friends and family. Whether you are going on vacation, visiting home or just hanging out in your apartment, everyone needs a few essentials to have a memorable spring break. Here are some fun and practical items that should be on everyone’s spring break essentials list:

• Disposable camera: A disposable camera is a great way to capture candid moments and create physical memories that you can hold onto forever. It’s a way to reduce spending time on your phone and focus on living in the moment.
  • Flower claw clip: A flower claw clip is a fun and trendy accessory that adds style to your hair. Use it to keep your hair out of your face or to add a pop of color to your outfit.
  • Sunscreen: Protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful UV exposure is essential, but if you’re anything like me, you hate the white cast it leaves on your skin. Luckily I’ve found the perfect sunscreen that doesn’t leave my skin greasy or pasty and doesn’t break me out. Try CeraVe’s tinted sunscreen moisturizer!
  • Tote bag: Whether going to the beach, a big city or home, you’ll need a cute bag to store all your spring break essentials in—a tote bag is a perfect accessory. Pack it with sunscreen, snacks, a water bottle and anything else you need for a day of adventure. My favorite tote bag is from Amazon. Check it out!
  • Self-tan: Because you want to protect your skin from the sun and reduce your sun exposure, you might not receive that natural glow you’re looking for from the sun; instead, try using a self-tanner to enhance the glow of your natural beauty while on spring break. The Tanologist self-tanning water is my favorite!
  • Sunglasses: Get yourself a pair of UV protection sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun and look stylish while doing it. These Amazon sunglasses are totally worth the hype and are my all-time favorite pair.
  • Water bottle: Staying hydrated is important, especially if you spend a lot of time in the sun. Bring a refillable water bottle and fill it up throughout the day to keep your skin and body hydrated! The Owala water bottle is my favorite; it comes in many different colors, has a secret staw and keeps my water cold all day. 

Spring break is all about having fun and creating memories that will last a lifetime. With these essentials, you’ll be looking and feeling your best. So go ahead, soak up the sun, take some pictures and enjoy every moment of your spring break adventures!

Julia Schweitzer

Illinois State '23

Julia is a senior at Illinois State University pursuing a BA in English Publishing. When she's not studying, you can find her reading her favorite romance novels, practicing yoga, or grabbing a coffee on campus.