Wellness

The Best Ways To Keep Organized And Motivated

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Everyone is starting to feel the slumps this time of year. Not only is it colder outside, but we’re also getting closer to the holiday season and everyone is reaching towards that finish line. But how do we keep ourselves engaged enough to actually make it there without giving up? I’d like to share five of the best ways to keep yourself motivated through the rest of the year.

1. Set Goals

When trying to stay motivated the most important thing to remember is your end goal. Whether this means to make a list of all of the tasks you need to get done or just have an overall goal for the day. Setting goals can help keep you more organized and more prepared for the day. Everyone can be forgetful, so this is a surefire way to make sure you get everything you need to be done.

1. Set Aside Time

I know that it can be easy to overbook your schedule this time of year but you have to remember to save time for yourself. If you do not have time during the day try waking up 30 minutes early to do something just for yourself. You could read a book, meditate, take a walk, or just self-reflect. Any way that you can get a personal benefit will help you stay motivated throughout your day.

1. Stay Active

Movement makes you stay focused for a longer period of time. The best way to give you a kick start to your homework is to be active during the day. That could mean going to the gym, going for a walk, joining in a fitness class, or even just getting up and going for a walk. Not only will this keep you healthy, but it can also get your mind moving and help you get through the rest of your day.

1. Color Coordinate

Using different colors for different activities is vital for staying organized. One of the best ways to think is to pick one color for each subject. This way when you need to find something for a specific class you already know where it will be based on the color you assigned to it. Staying organized through color-coordinating can help you stay ahead of your work. Another way colors can help is when you take notes. This can help you differentiate between every important topic.

1. Join or Make a Study Group

Working together is one of the best ways to motivate yourself. The biggest way people grow and succeed is by learning from others around them. You can get together with others in your classes, major, or even just your friends. This can help you create a support system and help you and others stay on track throughout the entire school year.

Keeping organized and motivated can come in many different ways. Everybody has different ways that work best for them, the important thing is being able to find which way works the best for each individual person. Just remember that no matter the amount of work or the stress you are under there is always going to be a light at the end of the tunnel. You are doing great, hang in there!

Julia Perrone

Illinois State '24

Julia Perrone is a Sophomore at Illinois State University studying Business Administration. She enjoys Big Brother, tigers, and the color pink. Julia has been a supervisor at lifetime fitness for two years and has recieved her Girl Scout Gold Award. She looks forward to empowering women through her future articles, and is excited to be a part of this community.