This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Life is stressful at times, whether it’s with school or other things going on. It may seem like you are never going to get through it, but trust me you will. If anything, eat your feelings away and forget about reality for a second. 

As for someone who gets stressed easily, I can tell you I have lost countless nights of sleep, from being stressed over stuff that I didn’t need to stress over. Being a college student is tough, you have to juggle multiple things and the classes are tough. There is never enough time in the day to get everything done.. making you feel overwhelmed. 

Everybody stresses about something, but do we really need to beat ourselves up about getting a bad grade on a test? Or maybe not doing so good on a speech? No. As people, we stress and end up being too hard on ourselves, that we need to stop and look at the bigger picture. Is a college speech class really going to be the death of you? Probably not. 

Stressing too much can often psych yourself out. If you often focus on the negative more than the positive.. like me, then it will feel like you are constantly failing yourself. I am constantly psyching myself out.. but end up knowing that I am going to be okay and fine. I often think of the worst possible outcomes, and think so low. 

Take a break! You need to take care of your body, and constantly worrying about things is not good for you or your health. Get sleep! Don’t stay up all night cramming for a test- you won’t do as well if you don’t get any sleep. 

Eat the damn cake! Actually, just eat the whole fridge because sometimes food is the way to go. Crack open a pack of Ho-Ho’s, sit down, and watch your favorite show. You don’t always have to be stressed, sometimes taking a break from reality is all we really need. 

It doesn’t get easier, it gets more bearable. We are in the real world and there are always going to be things that we stress about, but how we manage and cope with stress is key. Just remember those late nights spent writing a 6 page paper will all be worth it in the end.

Lots of love, Lacey 

Lacey Frisch

Illinois State '22

Hi my name is Lacey! I am a freshman at ISU and I am majoring in Biology. I would like to become a pediatric physician assistant in the future! I love to sing, hang out with family/friends and binge watch Netflix! I am obsessed with Grey's Anatomy! Be sure to follow me on social media and her campus as well!! Follow my social media: Insta: laceyyy26 Twitter: laceyyy26 Facebook: Lacey Frisch
Contributor account for Illinois State