This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

The only thing that has sprung this spring is the pondering thought “I don’t know if I’m going to be hot or cold in this outfit.” Everyone can agree, anything between 40 and 60 degrees is an odd time when deciding on what to wear. You have to take into consideration several different factors just to figure out if you will be hot or cold in your outfit. Will you be outside or inside? If you will be outside, will you be directly in the sun? If so, prepare for sweating. If you are inside, will the air conditioning be on or the heat? You will need to find that out before you turn into a life-size ball of sweat or will shiver like you’re in the tundra.

To make life a little easier on us practical gals, here are celebrity’s scenarios you may find yourself questioning your outfit in:

Brunch

The most fashionable meal deserves only the cutest outfits. Olivia Palermo is wearing a long- sleeve, patterned dress with thigh-high boots that are perfect for going in between inside and outside, while still maintaining a normal body temperature. Although Olivia’s dress may be out of our budgets, there is no doubt anyone can find a similar outfit for a great deal.

Day Time Party

Selena Gomez was seen walking the streets in a knee-length pull over with a tank top underneath, paired with black pants and booties. If she is cold, she can keep her pull over on or when she feels too warm, she could take it off. Or like what she is seen doing in the picture, she has the pull over lightly hanging off of a shoulder for a little breathing room. 

Shopping

This outfit is perfect for shopping in weather that isn’t too hot and not too cold. For anyone that has worn leather leggings before, you probably know they are warmer than our day to day cotton leggings, so the pants compensate for the short sleeves. Not only is this outfit casual yet chic, the simplicity and loose-fitting clothing will make dressing room changes that much easier.

Dinner on the Patio

Adorned in an oversized cream pea coat, she is wearing a versatile outfit that can be sported inside or on the patio of a restaurant. Underneath her jacket, she is wearing a shirt, which will give her options during the confusing weather. And you can never go wrong with a pair of black ripped jeans to add an edge to this otherwise chic get-up.

Coffee Date

Before you judge the over-the-shoulder-tied-sweater look, just think about the options this outfit brings. Wearing leggings (which we all own), paired with gym shoes and a tank top, Gigi Hadid is owning the ultimate coffee run outfit. No matter if you are sitting outside or lounging inside a coffee shop, you can put on or simply wear a sweater hanging over your shoulders depending on what the temperature is.

If this doesn’t help, then before you leave your home ask yourself: “Do I prefer being hot or cold?”

Contributor account for Illinois State