Fall Recipes that Will Have You Cooking like Gordon Ramsay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

This fall is the perfect time to try out some hearty, comforting, healthy meals. Especially now that we’re all in quarantine, trying new recipes is the perfect thing to keep you busy and and your body happy. There is nothing quite like a homemade meal. Luckily I’ve cooked up some fantastic fall recipes that are simple to make, but will have people thinking you’re a pro.

Savory Pumpkin and Sage Soup

If you are looking for a gourd recipe to get you in the fall mood, there is none better than this one. The pure pumpkin in this soup makes it the ultimate fall dish to warm you up on a cool night. 

Get the Pumpkin and Sage Soup recipe!

Superb Spaghetti Squash Alfredo

Squoodles (squash noodles) are all the rave during fall. Stir in 3 cheeses and you’ll soon have a dish for under 400 calories, that also helps your immune system! You can’t beat a healthy cheesy meal. 

Get the Spaghetti Squash Alfredo recipe!

Gingery Chicken and Spinach Stir Fry

To switch it up a bit from all the pumpkins and squash, this stir fry is perfect if you’re craving takeout for the third time this week (it’s okay, we all do it). The chicken and spinach pair wonderfully with the gingery Asian flavors in the sauce. An added plus: it’s great for your gut health!

Get the Gingery Chicken and Spinach Stir Fry Recipe!

Loaded Supercarb Sweet Potatoes

There is nothing like a loaded potato, especially if it is sweet. Pile the potato high with roasted peppers, black beans and feta and soon you’ll be in supercarb heaven. 

Get the Loaded Sweet Potato recipe!

Grain Free Chocolate Chip Muffins

To add in something for your sweet tooth, it is time to fold in some chocolate chips into these completely gluten free muffins. It is hard to even tell that these muffins are a healthy dessert to end your fall feast. 

Get the Grain Free Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe!

All of these recipes stay under 500 calories and help your body in some way. It is important to stay healthy and feed your body delicious foods, especially during this pandemic. The best part is the dishes all taste as if you are indulging into a Gordon Ramsay meal too!

Chloe Lindbom

Illinois State '21

Hey guys! I'm Chloe a Senior here at Illinois State University. I am majoring in Public Relations and looking forward to my future career. Until then I plan to keep drinking iced coffee, keeping up with all the latest reality shows, and writing articles for Her Campus. I can't wait to share my writing and part of my life with y'all. If you want even more of me in your life, follow me on Twitter and Instagram! Twitter - @ChloDae Instagram - @Chlo.Dae
Contributor account for Illinois State