This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Did you know about 3 million children in the U.S. have hearing loss? Did you know 1.3 million are under the age of three? Or how about 26 million Americans from ages 20-69 have permanent hearing loss? That’s just in the U.S., imagine around the world!

Now, before you read any further, ask yourself this question:What sound do you cherish the most? Is it a family member telling you they love you? Or your favorite song or your best friends laugh? Many of us would be heartbroken to never hear that sound again. So, why not help provide hearing to those who don’t, while having a great time?!

Delta Zeta would like to invite you to our first annual Hike for Hearing 5K Color Run!

Who: The women of Delta Zeta

What: Hike for Hearing 5K Color Run

Where: ISU Quad

When: April 17 at 12 p.m.

Why: Delta Zeta’s philanthropy is speech and hearing. Nationally, we have partnered with the Starkey Hearing Foundation with a goal to raise $5,000,000 in 5 years. Our event proceeds will go towards this goal and provide hearing aids to those less privileged.

Register at the link below by April 15th, or by April 8th to get a FREE shirt!

https://secure.getmeregistered.com/get_information.php?event_id=123987 

Sidney Holman

Illinois State

I'm Sidney Holman! I'm from Moline, IL and an apparel merchandising major at ISU.
Contributor account for Illinois State