This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Have you ever heard of a basketball player at ISU who not only is almost 7-foot-tall, but also from Paris? Well now you have. I first met David when I attempted to sneak a picture with him standing next to me and he embarrassingly called me out on it. We ended up taking a laughing candid photo because of it, so it’s okay right? After having that chance to get to know David, I had the opportunity to ask him some great questions to share with everyone else! 

Hometown: 7e Arrondissement Paris 

Year in school: Freshman 

Major: International Business and French 

Height: 6’11 

Position: Power Forward/Center 

Favorite Food: Cassoulet 

Favorite Show: Breaking Bad 

Her Campus Illinois State: What made you want to continue playing basketball at the college level? 

David Ndiaye: I have always wanted to be a professional basketball player, and playing in college gives me the opportunity to continue studying while doing what I love. 

HC ISU: What do you like most about being on the ISU basketball team? 

DN: I like my teammates a lot; we are a family. We pretty much do everything together. Off of the court, we hangout and make fun of each other while having each other’s back. 

HC ISU: What has been the biggest game for you so far this season? 

DN: The biggest game for me so far this year was against Morehead State, it was a very intense game. We beat them in the last couple of seconds. It was probably my best game so far this year. 

HC ISU: What are you looking forward to for the rest of the season? 

DN: Winning more conference games and being our conference champion. Also, making it to the NCAA tournament. In order to do that, we have to give it our best and constantly play good. 

HC ISU: Do you plan to continue playing basketball throughout your entire college career? 

DN: I hope to get drafted before my senior year, that is my goal for now and I am working hard on it. But if things don’t go as planned, then yes I will play basketball my entire college career at ISU. 

HC ISU: How do you manage being a full-time student and a contributing player to the team? 

DN: In the beginning, it was really hard. You come home really tired but realize that you have some homework to do. The key is to manage your time and try to do some things ahead. 

HC ISU: What advice would you give to students contemplating playing sports in college? 

DN: You can do it, just keep believing in yourself and don’t let anyone distract you. 

It definitely wont be easy but if you’re willing to put the work in then you will definitely be successful. Lastly, just plan ahead and learn as much as you can about what it would take for you to play. 

We are very excited to see what the future has in store for you, David! Keep up the hard work and dedication, and keep scoring! 

Mallory Lovings

Illinois State

I am a firm believer that mac n' cheese was put on this earth in honor of me.
Contributor account for Illinois State