My Fall 2021 Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Say it with me: Where did 2021 go? The months are flying by faster and faster as they go on, and the seasons are changing too. As we are approaching the halfway mark of the fall semester, there is a slight difference in the air each day. Mornings are getting chillier and restaurants are rolling out their fall-themed menus. To celebrate the turn of the season, I am going to share what is on my fall bucket list this year.

No. 1: A day full of baking fall treats

Whether it be pumpkin bread, apple cobbler, or those delicious, festive Pillsbury sugar cookies, you can never go wrong with a day full of fall baking. You can even light a fall-scented candle and make a warm beverage to set the mood while you get your baking skills on. Of course, the best part of the day is the moment you get to enjoy all your hard work and indulge in your creations. What’s not to love?

No. 2: Apple picking

Now I’ll admit, I’ve never actually been apple picking. My goal is to change that fact with this fall 2021 season. A day of apple picking with family and friends sounds absolutely divine, and you can go home and use the apples you picked to bake that delicious apple cobbler or pie I was mentioning earlier. It’s safe to say I cannot wait to check apple picking off my bucket list this year.

No. 3: A trip to the pumpkin patch

This has to be the activity I look forward to most every year. Something about going to a pumpkin farm and picking out a freshly grown pumpkin to take home with you is so much more thrilling than just buying a few from your local grocery store. Not to mention, most pumpkin farms have complimentary activities such as corn mazes and hayrides, so you are sure to have a fun-filled day no matter what. 

There we have it, these three activities are the most anticipated activities on my fall 2021 bucket list right now. If I’m lucky, I might get to squeeze in more fun activities this fall such as going to a haunted house or a sunflower field. What is on your fall bucket list this year? Be sure to let all of us at HC know. The season is only beginning, and so many fun adventures lie ahead. 

Savannah Kallan

Illinois State '24

My name is Savannah Kallan, I am an English major who is passionate about words and poetry, but outside of academia, I have a lot for all things beauty! I love reviewing cool new products on the market, and doing everything in my power to push my boundaries and grow myself day by day.