This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

It’s finally feeling like springtime in Normal! That means that the end of the school year is coming up quick and summer is right around the corner. Everyone in Illinois knows that once it hits the mid-40s it’s time to break out the shorts. The best days of the year are coming up quick. Make sure you enjoy every nice day we get. Spring is here and these are the top 6 signs that ISU is loving the sunshine.

1. Flowers on the quad – You’ll see the groundskeepers planting all of the flowers in the middle of the quad. That’s a for sure sign summer is coming.

2. The trail crowded with all of the runners – Once the sun shines and it’s above 45 degrees people are out everywhere. Swarms of girls are running and walking in groups along the train. Honestly, it’s a nice way to get out of the apartment and dorms and enjoy the non-negative degree weather.

3. The Pub is packed – Once they open up the patio at Pub II the place is packed. There is something so nice about drinking outside in the sunshine with your friends.

4. Less and less people show up for class –  Once the weather turns slightly nice what’s the point in going to class? Guys are out tossing a football on the quad, music is blasting from every other balcony, there is simply no time to be hitting the books when the weather is so nice. 

5. The hammocks are popping up out of every tree – Hammocks have been all the rage the last couple of years on-campus and they keep getting more trendy. It’s nice just laying outside in the sun. Especially if you have wifi.

Enjoy the nice weather ilstu! Summer’s coming up soon which means that it’s darty season! Wahoo! Day drinking, dogs barking, music blasting, it’s the best time of the year. Let’s end out the year on a high note. Here’s to the last few weeks of school!

Colleen E Kelly

Illinois State '19

Hi I'm Colleen! Senior Communication major at Illinois State University, I love HC because it empowers women to promote women of all kinds. Follow me on social media to keep up with my articles! Insta/Twitter: @ColleenKelly97
Contributor account for Illinois State