This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Me again, here to serve some more spiritual vibes. Today’s topic is crystals. Having a variety of different benefits, crystals have remained extremely popular in the spiritual world for a long time. They are commonly thought to be ancient forms of medicine for some religions. While it’s important to know that there’s no scientific evidence to support the use of crystals, people are still drawn to them because of their beauty and proclaimed powers. They can be used for things like healing, cleansing, meditating, and simply promoting the flow of good energy. Now, there are way too many types of crystals to cover them all so I’m going to cover the five basic ones today. 

Amazonite

This beautiful turquoise crystal is known for helping you find your voice. Amazonite symbolizes love, calmness and communication. This crystal will help you reach your truest self. During meditation, you can place amazonite on your upper heart to level you out and reconnect with yourself. It is also nice to have around for cleansing. 

Amethyst

A rich royal purple stone that has a quartz variation. This crystal is very appealing to the eye. It symbolizes cleansing, clarity and protection and is known for purifying energy. Encouraging the act of letting go, amethyst has the ability to erase addictive behaviors. It can be very therapeutic to place on or around the head during meditation to help bring light to areas touched by darkness. Amethyst will illuminate your inner purpose and is a stunning decoration as well. 

Bismuth

This stone is a crystalline metal and it symbolizes focus, transformation and vitality. Bismuth has the ability to aid you in making decisions when there are too many options. This crystal embodies energy that will give you major one-with-the-universe vibes. It is a stone of transformation, welcoming change with open arms. Often kept in yoga rooms or meditation spaces.

Chrysoprase

Chrysoprase contains a lot of nickel, giving it a mesmerizing green hue. This crystal symbolizes transformation, balance and joy. It is a stone of the heart and can help you stay young in that area. It encourages you to love hard and reach out a hand to someone in need. These actions are what keeps us young and magnetic. You can place it on your chest when meditation or even carry it around in your pocket to reap the rewards. 

Hanna Clayes

Illinois State '23

Hanna is a sophmore at Illinois State University double majoring in Business Marketing and Fashion Merchandising. Writing is somehting she has enjoyed her entire life so being able to share her passion is a dream come true. When she is not writing, you can find her painting, drawing, taking photos, listening to music... honestly just doing anything to feel alive. Her my main goal in life is to spread peace and positivity everywhere she goes.
Contributor account for Illinois State