This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ICU (Japan) chapter.

Her Campus at ICU is rounding out our first academic year as an official Her Campus chapter! In this past year, we’ve published over 150 articles, ranging in topic from travel to beauty to health and wellness. We love all of our articles, but here’s a roundup of just a few of our must-read favorites!

A Day in My Life as an ICU Dorm Student

This article, written by Satomi, recaps what an average day might look like for an ICU dorm student. Many of ICU’s students live on-campus in the dormitories, which are all within walking distance from the main school building. This article is particularly popular among incoming students because it gives a sense of what life at ICU is like. This is a difficult thing for new students to get a sense of before school starts, especially because of the pandemic and current campus restrictions.

The Pros of Going Paperless

Lots of online classes means lots of PDF reading assignments. In this article, our writer Utako tells us all about the benefits of going paperless. Even though investing in a tablet can be a luxury, the long-term savings—in both money and paper—seems to be worth it. Still not sold on going paperless? Read the full article to get Utako’s insight!

Movies to Watch this Christmas Season

Our writer Yuno recommends this article because it was fun for her to write! It’s true, we all love a good listicle! This was a part of our Christmas Week, where we published published fun, holiday themed articles. Save this article for the next time you’re in the mood for a festive film!

Go Ask the Moon

HCICU articles are a great place to find new ideas and learn from other ICU students. This article touches on how the moon phases may affect our bodies and our minds. Many of our members were able to learn the potential impact of the moon on our lives, and some have even begun keeping track of the phases in their own lives! Give this article a read if you’re interested in heavenly bodies and wellness!

Skinny Girls Have Issues Too

This opinion article by Ellie is all about body image. In a hyper-critical and image-based society like ours, it’s easy to feel insecure regardless of what you look like. Ellie engages in an honest and open conversation on her own struggles as someone who can’t seem to gain weight. Even if it’s often thought of as a “good problem” to have, that doesn’t take away from the fact that she struggles nonetheless.

Get Picture Perfect Gel Nails at Home

Getting manicures can get expensive and some of us are still hesitant to go out to get them done because of Covid. Kaitlyn gives us a step-by-step guide for getting your dream nails at home! While it might seem complicated at first, reading this article will show you just how simple it can be. Why not pick up doing your own gel-nails as a quarantine hobby?

5 Things That Make Traveling in Japan Convenient

At HCICU, we’re proud of our unique perspective as a Her Campus chapter in Japan. This article by Lisa is all about how easy it is to travel in Japan! Especially for first-time travelers, Japan is a great place to visit because of our perfectly punctual and easy to navigate transportation and cheap and tasty food! Read more about it by clicking the link above!

Senior Editor’s Letter — University Life With COVID-19

In late November, toward the tail end of Autumn Term at ICU, our senior editor Yukiko published this article reflecting on the purpose of HCICU in pandemic times. She comments that “HCICU is a microcosm of ICU,” made up of the varied experiences of each of its members. Now, during the pandemic, outlets for self-expression and creative fulfillment are more valuable than ever. This article reminds us of why we love HCICU so much.

Thank you so much for supporting us through our first year! We are so excited to keep bringing you more exciting articles in the future.

Sarah Ishikawa

ICU (Japan) '21

Sarah Ishikawa is currently serving as Editor in Chief and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at ICU Japan. She is a senior studying English and American literature. On her days off you'll probably find her at a museum, coffee shop, or just at home getting things done.