Style > Beauty

Top Five Beauty Tips all 20-Something Year Olds Need to Learn Now!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Has your busy schedule been preventing you from keeping on top of your beauty routine? These easy tips are quick and easy to work into your regular beauty routine. Be sure to check out these five tips for all 20-something year olds!

1. Stop drinking with a straw and slow down when you eat: Sucking on a straw not only allows air bubbles to enter your mouth, which leads to bloating, but it can cause wrinkles around your mouth when you’re older! Who knew?! Chewing fast is also a cause of bloating, just like drinking with a straw. So put down that straw at Saga and drink from the brim of your cup. Also slow down on the chow. Most likely, you will also reduce the amount of food you eat by eating slower as well!

2. Shampoo your hair twice in the shower: The first wash in the shower gets rid of residue and product in your hair. The second wash actually cleans your hair! This also allows your hair to be clean for longer which helps avoid washing too many times during the week, which could cause damage and breakage to the hair. If your hair is greasy, try using a little baby powder or dry shampoo to soak up the oil. You hair will be all set and looking ready as ever!

3. Drink Green Tea 2-3 times a day: Not only does this speed up your metabolism, but it also cleanses and detoxifies your body, ridding the toxins in your pores as well. It also flattens your stomach! Another tip to flatten your stomach is eating two pieces of dark chocolate before bed. Make sure it is made with real cocoa for this result.

4. Ditch foundation for CC cream: CC stands for Color Correction. It is ten times less heavy than foundation, packed with moisturizer, has SPF in it, and feels super light on your face. Ditch the tight and heavy caked on makeup, for a lighter feeling that covers just as well! Worried about blemish marks? Use your regular foundation to cover up those spots when needed. using a lighter makeup on a regular basis though will most likely clear up your skin a bit. 

5. Use your toothbrush to exfoliate your lips: Every time you brush your teeth, take a few extra seconds to brush your lips as well. It may sound crazy, but you’ll be giving yourself smoother, plumper, and pinker lips in no time! Dab a little petroleum jelly on your lips right before bedtime for an even better result. It will keep your lips moisturized all night, and ready for your favorite lipstick or lipgloss in the morning. 

Use these quick beauty tips and you will be feeling great in no time!

Photo Credit: [1], [2], [3], [4], [5]