This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

HWS Has Been Named What?

HWS has been named one of the nation’s best 50 colleges and universities for providing students with outstanding outcomes. What?? That’s right, the Princeton Review released their 2015 edition of Colleges that Create Futures and HWS is a top 50. Way to go HWS!!

You may know the name The Princeton Review from those awful SAT and other test prep books your parents bought you, but they also are the people who create all sorts of credited rankings of colleges and universities across the nation from “Colleges with the Best Libraries” to “Colleges with the Best Dorms”.

The Princeton Review just published their newest edition of Colleges that Create Futures. This critically acclaimed book starts with a list of 400 academically outstanding schools from the Princeton Review’s, The Best 380 Colleges, and goes from there with a set of criteria for first rate academics, professors, post graduate success and alumni to narrow their initial list of nearly 400 to only 50.

To the students, staff, and faculty it’s a no brainer why HWS was chosen. We have great professors, amazing classes, all sorts of programs, and a beautiful campus that we all love to snapchat, (but are still waiting for that geotag), but why does the Princeton Review think the Statesmen and Herons are so great?

Here’s a breakdown on why HWS is named one of the nation’s 50 best colleges and universities for providing students with outstanding outcomes:

Excellence in Academics:

Hobart and William Smith’s 45 majors, 65 minors, several career programs, and stellar research projects earned the college a spot on the top 50. The Princeton Review highlighted HWS’s 11:1 student to professor ratio, as well as HWS’s strength in the interdisciplinary courses offered. The small class sizes gives each student a chance to learn from their professor as well as each other.

Faculty Engagement:

HWS received another high five from Princeton Review high quality faculty.  HWS was commended on how HWS faculty’s engagement with students of not only on research projects but also on independent studies. In addition, each sports team has a faculty mentor for communication to faculty from the team as well as extra Statesmen and Heron support on and off the field. Many HWS faculty members incorporate community projects such as the Teaching English Language Learners course that tutors elementary students in Geneva’s school systems twice a week free of charge. So as much as we loved Ted from HIMYM as a professor, we at HWS love ours more.

Study Abroad:

Not only does 60% of students at HWS participate in study abroad. HWS offers programs that brings students all across the globe, from France to Jordan, Ecuador, Vietnam, Senegal and many more.  At HWS it’s not just students who get to go abroad, drink better coffee, develope fake accents and start calling it football, faculty at HWS have the opportunity to do faculty-led study abroad programs. And right when we thought our study abroad program couldn’t get any better? That’s right, The Princeton Review ranked the HWS program 18th in the nation. In. The. Nation.

This article could go with endless reasons why not only The Princeton Review but also we think HWS deserves to be called one of the nation’s 50 best colleges and universities for providing students with outstanding outcomes. Fabulous academics, terrific faculty and outstanding study abroad is what’s created some HWS most notable alums who are now, senators, screenwriters, directors, professional football players, broadcasters, authors, producers, supreme court judges, federal judges and the list goes on. So, go ahead HWS students, treat yo’self for attending HWS.