This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Midterms week is here which probably means that you’re going to be up late studying or scrambling to finish assignments.  One of the most important parts of studying is having snacks readily available to help you when your energy begins to wane.  Here’s a list of some great options.  Not all of them are healthy, but they’ll help you get through your work, which is all that really matters in the end, right?

Fresh Fruit:  Not only is fruit amazing for you, but it’s also great for studying because the simple sugars will give you all-natural energy.  One of the worst things about Saga is definitely the lack of good fresh fruit (constant access to strawberries would make my life way better).  Luckily, you can always go to the Café, ABP, or Wegman’s to get some. 

Vegetables/Pretzels and Hummus:  This is another great go-to for keeping yourself nourished and awake.  There’s usually prepackaged Sabra pretzel and hummus available at the café, but if you want to go with the healthier vegetable option, Wegman’s and Tops are always there.

Delivery:  Geneva may be small but it has some good delivery options.  Sometimes snacks just aren’t cutting it and you need to go for a full meal.  When you’re stuck writing an essay at 1am and you haven’t eaten for hours, try Domino’s, Main Moon, Cam’s, or Mark’s.

Candy:  Candy is great for when you’re almost done with you’re work and you need a last-minute push of energy.  It’s not exactly healthy, but sometimes you just need some sugar.

Nostalgic Snacks:  From animal crackers to Gushers, we all have those snacks we loved when we were kids.  If you happen to have some of your childhood snacks on hand, they can be great to boost your mood during the slog of studying. 

Desserts in a mug:  As college students, we have to make do with what we have. Although we might not always have the time, oven, or ingredients needed to bake a full batch of cookies, most of us have a mug and a microwave. You could always get the ingredients beforehand from a supermarket and follow this recipe for a chocolate chip cookie in a mug.  But if that seems like too much work there’s also prepackaged batter you could use for a chocolate chip muffin in a mug (all you need is water!).  If dessert isn’t really your thing, try these other 15 mug recipes.  The best thing about these is that they’re all relatively easy recipes and cooking them gives you a nice opportunity for a break from studying. 

Microwavable food:  Frozen food is always a cheap and easy option to have around your dorm for when you’re exhausted and hungry but can’t stop before you’re done with your work.  Some great options could be Pizza Rolls or Bagel Bites. 

Lastly, don’t forget to drink water!  Good luck on midterms!

Mary is a senior at HWS and the Senior Editor of the HWS Her Campus chapter. An English major and Writing Colleagues minor, she plans to work in the publishing industry after college. On campus, Mary works as a student writer at the Office of Communications and is a member of the One-on-One Friendship Club. In her free time, Mary likes reading, writing, and running.