This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

Time is everything and as college students, we just don’t get enough hours in our day. We are so busy trying to manage our time between school, friendships, relationships and work that we tend to forget to Keep Up with the Kardashians—kidding. We forget to keep up with ourselves. So much so that we often “forget” to eat the most important meal of the day: BREAKFAST. Most of us skip this meal because AIN’T. NOBODY. GOT. TIME. FOR. THAT. We would rather cherish every second of sleep so that we can keep dreaming of Ryan Gosling shirtless than wake our butts up earlier than we’re supposed to, to make ourselves some breakfast. Well, what if I told you there was a way to get in as much sleep as possible, without disrupting your Ryan Gosling fantasies, and still eat your breakfast? You’ll have all the time in the world! I know what you’re thinking: no way, right? Actually, yes way, and you can do it all with three of my favorite healthy, easy-to-make breakfast ideas from The Greatist.  You can thank me later!

OAT of This World

Overnight oats are the IT thing right now because they’re super easy and quick to whip up. The best part is you make them the night before, so you can mix-and-match your ingredients and they’re ready for a grab-and-go kind of morning.  

SMOOTH(ie) Operator

Frozen fruits and veggies are your BFFs in the mornings. All you need is a blender and your choice of liquid and you’re good to go. You get to be in charge of what goes in your smoothie or not. BONUS: no real preparation necessary.

TOAST-ally Tasty

Bread is your new best friend. Who knew you could do so much with it and it for you? It’s super affordable and all you really need is a toaster and your choice of toppings. You can never go wrong with a little avocado, egg, pepper and/or red pepper flakes.

Remember, breakfast is life and it is the most important meal of the day, so try your best to make it a part of your daily eating routine. With these ideas and more, you’ll be saying, “Breakfast? You’ve got time for that.”

Bon appetit!

Major: Public Health Year Standing: Senior  
Amanda is a senior at HPU working towards her degrees in mass communication and integrated multimedia. She loves all things related to design, photography, and journalism. Her dream is to move back to the big apple and work for Cosmopolitan magazine. When not sipping on Starbucks while studying, you can find her doing crossfit or diving.