Survival Guide To The Best Coffee On Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

If you’re like me, the recipe for a good day requires at least one cup of coffee.  Hot or iced, hazelnut or vanilla, one or two shots of espresso – really anything goes.  Whether you’re a self-diagnosed addict or you just enjoy a treat every now and then, here are some coffee staples everyone can appreciate…

1. The Tried-and-True ClassicA small iced coffee from Cool Beans.  It’s as simple as that.  It’s not fancy so, you’re dining dollars will thank you.  Plus, you could always add a flavor to spice things up – caramel is a personal favorite.  

2. The Science Café OriginalI’m convinced the Science Café has the best coffee on campus.  It’s also the only spot with creamer so you can get creative with your coffee creations!  Personally, I’m a fan of a hazelnut and vanilla creamer combo – truly delicious.  And on top of all that, it’s free refills!  So you can post up in the café with your homework and a constant supply of caffeine.  

3. The SeasonalKeep your eyes peeled for signs around Cool Beans about the newest seasonal drinks.  Right now, CB offers a wintery Raspberry White Mocha, perfect to warm you up on these snowy days.

4. The Treat-Yo-SelfEvery now and then, a hard-working college girl deserves to pamper herself a bit.  Maybe you finally finished that big paper or you just took a midterm exam… you need something to treat yourself!  So forget about your quickly dropping dining dollars for a second and order up a vanilla iced chai latte (with a shot of espresso if you want an extra pick me up).  It’s absolutely delicious.  CB2 makes ‘em best!

5. The Thrifty Girl SpecialFor those days when you’re feeling guilty about how often you swipe for coffees, use this thrifty loophole to get your caffeine fix!  Stock up on creamers and keep them in your room (you can find hazelnut and vanilla in the lob shop).  Ask for a cup of ice from CB and then fill it up with coffee from Kimball.  We all know Kimball coffee isn’t the best but that’s where the creamer comes in! Add a splash and you’ll have your own (free!) iced coffee. Added bonus: it gives you an excuse to buy a cute iced coffee travel cup to tote around!

So keep these ideas in mind next time your caffeine craving kicks in, and drink up my fellow coffee-lovers!