Studying Abroad: Things I’ll Miss about Life on the Hill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

1. Kimball Stalking:Kimball is literally the perfect people watching spot, and I don’t know what I’ll do without my daily dose of sports teams, ex-hookups, current hook-ups, awkward party encounters, friends, and frenemies. While the combination of people can get overwhelming at times, it’s going to be a tough year without seeing all the different squads at their designated Kimball tables.

2. Seniors and juniors:One of the hardest parts of deciding to go abroad is all of the people you’ll never see again! Half of the school I have come to know and love will have graduated by the time we return back. S/O to all the senior and juniors, you will be missed.

3. 878:Obviously the go-to Saturday nightspot is going to be difficult to live without. Who knows who will own 878 when we return senior year, but I really hope they live up to all of its hype.

4. Friends:It’s going to be a struggle to go abroad without your entire squad of bffs you have accumulated in the two years at HC, but on the bright side, if most of them are in your grade you guys can pick up where you left off senior year, hopefully with the addition of some new galpals you attained abroad.

5. Hart Gym Stalking:I wouldn’t say Hart Center gym stalking is better than Kimball stalking, but it definitely comes pretty close. Not only will I miss seeing all my fellow NARPs get a workout in, but I’ll also miss the countless lax warm-ups, track meets, and galloping joggers we get to stalk from the treadmill and elliptical.

6. Leitrims:I can definitely say that Leitrims wast the perfect and much needed mid-week break from the impossible workload that is Holy Cross. I don’t think I ever missed a Wednesday and who knows if people go out on Wednesdays abroad! I hope Leits is still the Wednesday night move when we return, but I’m also fine with bringing back Rumors.