Spring Weather Accessories Destined to Dazzle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

After experiencing fifty-degree weather in Worcester for the first time in years…I mean months…the excitement for Spring has started boiling. While the temperatures may have dropped a bit again, it is only a short matter of time until it is back again to stay! Prep for the sunshine, warmth, and wonderful times by investing in some fresh new accessories to brighten up your wardrobe & your life! Here are my 5 unique accessories picks for Springtime: 

1. Sunshine & A SatchelSpringtime means out with the old and the cold, and in with the new, bright, and bold!  Toss your go-to crossbody aside for the season and invest in a trendy bright neon or jewel covered satchel to complement any and every look. Not only is this bag striking and sleek, it is incredibly functionable; now you can tote along your wallet, lipstick, and your Kate Spade tumbler whilst taking the night! Parooze Francescas or Charming Charlie’s for inexpensive, yet trendy options:

2. Love You A Lo(t)cketIt is finally time to trade in those gray and navy cable knits for bright neon’s, pretty pastels, and pristine prints! Let your clothing do the talking this season by pairing it with simplistic silver & gold accents. Stray away from the cliché; in a sea of monogrammed necklaces, break away from the pack & invest in a vintage locket and chain. This old-school piece will contrast your carefree, easy-breezy springtime ensembles effortlessly. Place a photo near and dear to your heart inside for instant-cheer with each wear!

3. Headband of Lace to Frame Your Beautiful FaceThis season is all about au naturale hair, so let your luscious locks be free! Keep your crazy curls, soft waves, or sleek- straight strands out of our face with a super-cute headwrap. The accessory is a quick and easy addition to your collection that adds serious style to any look! Lace is the perfect textile for you sweethearts, brights are perfect for you bold ladies. Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, Nordstrom, even Target are going to be your go-to locales for this trend.

4. Rings Galore, Gimme Some More!This season is all about the *bling bling bling* with rings! Stack em up, add some midi’s, and stick to gold so as not to overpower your look. The best part about this trend is that there are tons of inexpensive options in an array of unique designs and styles. Glitzy & glam kinda girl? I see added rhinestones in your future.  

5. Belted Beauty, Curvacious CutieWhether you’re wild for prints (I personally love a bright, stop-traffic graphic) or stick to solids, springtime dresses are a crowd fave. Add some definition to an otherwise shapeless frock or enhance what is already working with a thin belt. To avoid overpowering prints, opt for a neutral or, my personal favorite, a glitter-dusted one; for solid sweethearts, consider breaking out of your comfort zone and rocking a floral show-stopper.

Alicia Perry

Holy Cross