This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Often I like to get inspiration, motivation, and ideas from instagram fitness accounts. They help me structure my workouts and give me ideas on how to switch up my routine. Many of the women also offer encouragement and helpful tips when it comes to eating habits and mindset changes. In no such order, I listed my top 3 favorite accounts to follow.

Whitney Simmons @whitneyysimmons

Whitney Simmons got her start on youtube. She was cut from her college cheerleading team and started slipping into unhealthy habits. With encouragement from her dad, she started weightlifting, loved it, and started doing youtube full time. She now has 2 millions subscribers on youtube and 3 millions followers on instagram. On her instagram she shares workouts, does product reviews for gymshark, and even had her own gymshark line coming out this month! For those who like to stick to one part of the gym, she also has many dumbbell only or cable only workouts. 

Natalie Bally @nattbfit

Natalie Bally, better known as nattbfit, focuses on lifting heavy, mental well-being, and, due to being based out of Denver, CO, she speaks on hiking a lot for the adventure seekers. She occasionally writes long captions with a focus of mindfulness whether it is reminding her followers to stress less about how their body looks or about missing a workout, tips to start meditating, or details about balancing her life as a new graduate from college. Another bonus of her account is her adorable puppy, Winnie.

Sam Taylor  @samtaylor_fitness

As a big believer in compound movements, Sam Taylors workouts are my favorite to follow as they usually involve all the important basics. Weightlifting has a stigma that is for males and Sam consistently has been advocating to change this narrative. She encourages females to get into the gym and stresses the fact that weightlifting will not make you “bulky”. She often includes many helpful tips in her captions ranging from form improvement to eating habits to supplement information.

Meghan Dowling

Holy Cross '24

Hi! My name is Meghan Dowling. I am a sophomore biology major and creative writing minor. I’m from Portsmouth, NH and love to go to the beach and ski. In my free time on campus, you can find me hanging with friends or working out.